Thread: Colonoscopy in 2 days, freaking out , help

Exclamation Colonoscopy in 2 days, freaking out , help

Hi everybody

I have my colonoscopy in 2 days and today I start the special diet today, problem is I ate something bad on Saturday and now I have diarrhoea, I’m worried how I can have laxatives if I have diarrhoea ? Is it safe

I’m also scared about the procedure and the results. Please can anyone give me some advice on the procedure and what I should do and not do etc?

Thanks all

Dan

Re: Colonoscopy in 2 days, freaking out , help

I’m sure it is fine to continue with the prep. The preceding days are the worst bit, the colonoscopy itself is fine; quick and not painful. I’ve had two so if you have any questions just ask...
    Good luck!

I agree with Jojo. The prep will make you do the same thing anyway and clean you totally out. Not a doctor but unless you're really ill with a virus or something and this a one off from eating crap, I wouldn't sweat it.

The prep is the worst part. Just make sure you have a good book or your phone/laptop is charged because I think you can guess where you'll be spending some time

The procedure itself is a breeze. You're going to get some good drugs (and if they don't offer, ask!) and you won't give hoot or remember

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you guys for the reply , I spoke to my gastro guy and he said it’s fine

I’m so nervous , please pray for me guys , I really hope it’s nothing serious

I will update you once I’m done

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

As the others said the procedure is very easy. If you're having it done privately, the surgeon will talk to you about the results after the procedure when you wake up.

Thread Information