Thread: Flat stool and weight loss 3-5lbs in weeks

Flat stool and weight loss 3-5lbs in weeks

I have been experience weird symptoms for the past couple of months, I'm going to see a neurologist on it next year.

Current symptoms include:

• tingling and numbness.
    • pains and spasms.
    • weakness or fatigue.
    • balance problems or dizziness.
    • cognitive problems.

A new one has been flat stools (like playdough), I've had stomach problems before so had a endoscopy for my stomach and colon this year all came out normal, but why I have been having flat stool bothers me. Now recently I have been losing a lot of weight and my stools are coming out different.

Here is the ration part: Have not been eating much as I miss breakfast, I have not had high fibre, mainly red meat so the stool comes out different. This is on top of all the above things.

Things I have worried I have:

• Colon cancer
    • Lupus
    • MS
    • Arthritis

I'm just worried that they missed something in my previous endoscopy. Any advice or help would be great.

Re: Flat stool and weight loss 3-5lbs in weeks

If you have changed what you eat, and eat less of it...you are going to lose weight. A weight loss of 3-5lbs in ONE week is nothing to worry about, let alone multiple weeks.

Everything else you have described is completely normal, and common with anxiety.

There all signs of anxiety and if it makes you feel any better I've had them all..I lost over a stone for no reason a few years back and pretty much made my mind up I was dieingand I've not had what you would call a normal poop for years and in still here try and focus on something else

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    If you have changed what you eat, and eat less of it...you are going to lose weight. A weight loss of 3-5lbs in ONE week is nothing to worry about, let alone multiple weeks.

Everything else you have described is completely normal, and common with anxiety.

That makes sense. But coupled with always being bloated, even on an empty stomach it's worrying. I'm worried I have a mass in my colon or stomach or something. Even though I had the endoscopys for both areas I'm still worried.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lukeneal26 View Post
    There all signs of anxiety and if it makes you feel any better I've had them all..I lost over a stone for no reason a few years back and pretty much made my mind up I was dieingand I've not had what you would call a normal poop for years and in still here try and focus on something else

It keeps going down the weight so yeah it is worrying. The poop changes quite a bit so I don't know if that's good or bad or just related with what I eat.

The caliber or appearance of your poop is NOT indicative of bowel cancer

If your poop is looser than normal, or just depending on what you've been eating, it will come out thinner or with a changed consistency.

You've had a colonoscopy recently which found no tumour. CRC is a slow growing tumour. It could not have developed and started producing symptoms in that time frame.

3-5lbs is not worrying at all (unless you weigh 30lbs-50lbs to begin with, which I know you don't lol).

My weight varies by several pounds each day!

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

I have had issues similar over the last few months, i have lost about a a stone in the last three months, I have suffered with bloating, burning, pain and yellow and soft stool this whole time. I logically know this is all anxiety and not a major health issue. But I do understand the what ifs and how difficult it is too think its something more. Im struggling right now too.

Recovering from my conditions and looking to the future.
    I am not very active but do try to reply to mails.

Thread Information