Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
I know im a laughing stock to all of you, but everything I read online about pitting oedema in legs relates to heart or liver. Theres NOTHING which says it could be benign. This has been going on for a few months now. Would an ECG rule out heart failure and could me liver have started failing since my last bloods in february?

No one is laughing at you, if they were they need to have a look at their own problems.

But you at nothing other than heart or liver? The NHS disagree with you:
Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
https://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/E...rticle/oedema/

That's a list including triggering things but since you are already obviously Googling for the scary I will leave the link there so you read a credible source that does give you alternatives.

I found this an interesting section:

Treating oedemaOedema is often temporary and clears up by itself. For example, if you've been standing up for too long on a hot day, your ankles may swell up until you get the chance to put your feet up and rest.If oedema doesn't go away by itself, see your GP. They'll try and find out if there's an underlying cause which needs to be treated. This could involve taking medication or following some advice, such as:

• losing weight (if you're overweight)
  • taking regular exercise, such as walking, swimming or cycling
  • raising your legs three to four times a day to improve your circulation
  • avoiding standing for long periods of time

If an underlying condition is causing the fluid imbalance, it should clear up after the condition has been diagnosed and treated.

So, if this can only be some scary condition then can you explain why a doctor might treat it will the above?

Both my parents have it. Now they are elderly so you will likely say that's not the same as for you but both my parents only have it due to medications they take. According to you they should have a heart or liver problem. They don't.

Aside from the NHS list you will also find dehydration as a cause. And dehydration can be a symptom found in anxiety sufferers.

As far as tests go, you won't and should not have them unless your GP decides they need them.
So, how does your GP's assessment apply to the above?