Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitting edema soles of feet

Re: Pitting edema soles of feet

Pitting oedema is extremely abnormal though....

This isnt sock marks, these are actual dents left on my shins after pressing in

As are your current patterns of thought.

Question is, do you want to recover from the anxiety?

So can your doctor/partner/mother see your pitting edema?

Yes, they have both seen it. I remember months ago calling with my mum and my leg was leaning on the chair and it left an indent. But noticed this week it happens when i press my fingers in. More worrying as this cant be just anxiety which headaches / muscle aches / bowel stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    More worrying as this cant be just anxiety which headaches / muscle aches / bowel stuff.
    Then I suggest you get a full medical workup as based on your convictions and beliefs, posting on an anxiety forum serves no purpose. Let us know what they say.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 23-06-19 at 23:32.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks FMP, at least someone recognises how serious this is. I literally thought I was past all this after my headache issues, and now I have a geniune symptom of what is most likely a serious issue. **** im scared to death right now.

Thanks FMP, at least someone recognises how serious this is. I literally thought I was past all this after my headache issues, and now I have a geniune symptom of what is most likely a serious issue. **** im scared to death right now.
    I do recognize how serious this is. Just not from a physical standpoint.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know im a laughing stock to all of you, but everything I read online about pitting oedema in legs relates to heart or liver. Theres NOTHING which says it could be benign. This has been going on for a few months now. Would an ECG rule out heart failure and could me liver have started failing since my last bloods in february?
    No one is laughing at you, if they were they need to have a look at their own problems.

But you at nothing other than heart or liver? The NHS disagree with you:

https://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/E...rticle/oedema/

That's a list including triggering things but since you are already obviously Googling for the scary I will leave the link there so you read a credible source that does give you alternatives.

I found this an interesting section:

Treating oedemaOedema is often temporary and clears up by itself. For example, if you've been standing up for too long on a hot day, your ankles may swell up until you get the chance to put your feet up and rest.If oedema doesn't go away by itself, see your GP. They'll try and find out if there's an underlying cause which needs to be treated. This could involve taking medication or following some advice, such as:
    • losing weight (if you're overweight)
    • taking regular exercise, such as walking, swimming or cycling
    • raising your legs three to four times a day to improve your circulation
    • avoiding standing for long periods of time

If an underlying condition is causing the fluid imbalance, it should clear up after the condition has been diagnosed and treated.
    So, if this can only be some scary condition then can you explain why a doctor might treat it will the above?

Both my parents have it. Now they are elderly so you will likely say that's not the same as for you but both my parents only have it due to medications they take. According to you they should have a heart or liver problem. They don't.

Aside from the NHS list you will also find dehydration as a cause. And dehydration can be a symptom found in anxiety sufferers.

As far as tests go, you won't and should not have them unless your GP decides they need them.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    No one is laughing at you, if they were they need to have a look at their own problems.

But you at nothing other than heart or liver? The NHS disagree with you:

https://www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/E...rticle/oedema/

That's a list including triggering things but since you are already obviously Googling for the scary I will leave the link there so you read a credible source that does give you alternatives.

I found this an interesting section:

So, if this can only be some scary condition then can you explain why a doctor might treat it will the above?

Both my parents have it. Now they are elderly so you will likely say that's not the same as for you but both my parents only have it due to medications they take. According to you they should have a heart or liver problem. They don't.

Aside from the NHS list you will also find dehydration as a cause. And dehydration can be a symptom found in anxiety sufferers.

As far as tests go, you won't and should not have them unless your GP decides they need them.
    Yep. My uncle told me a while back that it can be caused by being on my feet too long, especially in the heat. And because I don't exercise regularly, that makes it even more likely. Not so much pitting edema, but I feel like my feet / ankles are heavy or swollen. Marks left from my socks. I'm only 32 and don't have a heart of liver condition either.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information