Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Pitting edema soles of feet

Re: Pitting edema soles of feet

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Yes, they have both seen it. I remember months ago calling with my mum and my leg was leaning on the chair and it left an indent. But noticed this week it happens when i press my fingers in. More worrying as this cant be just anxiety which headaches / muscle aches / bowel stuff.
    And are they as worried as you are about it?

I'm certainly not laughing at your HA, Mr L, but I have to tell you to stop being ridiculous otherwise when you do have a genuine health concern your GP is not going to take you seriously and will laugh it off. This should be motivation for you to stop looking for signs of potential illness in your body-accept your good health and make the most of it. Don't pester your GP, don't use the forum to document random symptoms and for goodness sake ask yourself why you feel so unsafe?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    And are they as worried as you are about it?
    No, my mum called be a 'stupid boy', and my partner has refused to speak to me about it, infact refused to speak to me at all this weekend.

Harsh, but I can see where they're coming from.

I know it's tough, but maybe set the physical stuff aside for a bit and start looking inward, see if you can identify where all this fear might be coming from?

I have thought is it a fear of dying because my thought patterns in health is very black and white - if X happens, then i'll never recover. However ive had days where ive felt fed up, depressed and dont see the point in my life, to then worry about dying if my heart starts racing etc. It just doesnt make sense. I also have a fear of abandoning my kids, through dying. Anotther issue is Im the only wage earner in the house - since my first daughter was born, and have been feeling the pressure of that the past year. If something happens to me, how will we afford to live etc.

Ive booked an appt with the GP at 11.20. Its the same doc again, and im not proud and very embarrased. Even though they have my notes on file, I was really hoping to see another doc.

Seeing as he referred me to cardio, im guessing he will want to run tests, and I'm really, really freaked out about the idea of waiting for more test results.

The pitting is worse on my left shin where I had a football injury above the ankle 6 months ago, and theres still like a lump there, so I dont know if its all connected to that. But then theres some pitting on the right as well.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 24-06-19 at 10:01.

Wishing you luck today, but please, PLEASE present your anxiety as the main issue rather than your symptom of the week?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Wishing you luck today, but please, PLEASE present your anxiety as the main issue rather than your symptom of the week?
    Yes of course, Im not ashamed and dont cover up my anxiety. He knows my history anyway. And ill tell him as well that ive been googling and worrying about X, Y and Z.

Thanks BI. If my some miracle he says its nothing to worry about then I will do my best to try and draw some sort of a line for a bit.

Terrified, absolutely terrified. This is the only symptom I've had which 100% cant be anxiety, all the bowels, headaches, tremors etc could all be amplified by anxiety but this is scary now.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 24-06-19 at 10:50.

The doc said that there was a bit of fluid retention but nothing to be of a major concern. And he went on to say that I had my liver, kidneys, thyroid and more checked 4 months ago and there wouldnt be any obvious symptoms happening so soon in relation to those in a few months.

Am I satisfied? Yes a bit. But I didnt feel he was pressing hard enough on my leg to make the deep indentations I've seen. I did pres down to show him as well.

What do you all think???

I think it's time to give it up, Mr. L. This is more than enough evidence that your only health issue is anxiety. It's clearly destroying your relationship, and by extension, that's going to be damaging to your children.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think it's time to give it up, Mr. L.
    The only way that will happen is by treating the real illness. All you have to do is read through the boards and see the many who have been in the grips of the dragon for years and years. Living life in fear of death is not living. You're worried about your children and family should something happen to you and yet for all intents and purposes, they've already lost you :(

Have you started the meds?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 24-06-19 at 15:18.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information