Thread: Hoarse voice esp in the morning

Hoarse voice esp in the morning

Yeah so I’ve had this going on for a couple of weeks at least. Waking up on the mornin with a hoarse voice, it generally gets better during he day however got croaky in the evening a few nights ago.

Read symptoms of a certain C and now obsessing. Suddenly getting the other “symptoms” like constantly needing to clear throat.

My nose has felt full and every time I sniff stuff goes down my throat, I’m hoping this is the cause (post nasal drip)

Any help to calm me down?

Re: Hoarse voice esp in the morning

Bump ..... disconcerting when no-one replies

Sounds like nasal drip and/or reflux. Do you have reflux as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Sounds like nasal drip and/or reflux. Do you have reflux as well?
    Hi

I don’t know. It’s been over 3 weeks now and am really worried but tooo scared to go to the doctors.

Some days are better than others so I’m hoping it’s nothig serious if it comes and goes ..... sigh.

You don't know if you have reflux? Or you don't know if what I'm saying might be true?

If you have nasal drip (which is exactly what you're describing), your voice can be hoarse for as long as you have it. Weeks, months...years even.

I used to have it fairly often, and had reflux for about 2-3 years too. My voice was hoarse the entire time. It kind of came and went, but it was always 'there'.

It's nothing to worry about.

If your nose is "full" it might be that during the night you're breathing only through your mouth which can cause a hoarse voice/slightly sore throat as everything gets a bit dry, as well as any post-nasal drip ending up there.

Oh and because it happens in the morning it's even more likely to be stomach acid related, as that travels up your oesophagus far more easily when you're laying down.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    You don't know if you have reflux? Or you don't know if what I'm saying might be true?

If you have nasal drip (which is exactly what you're describing), your voice can be hoarse for as long as you have it. Weeks, months...years even.

I used to have it fairly often, and had reflux for about 2-3 years too. My voice was hoarse the entire time. It kind of came and went, but it was always 'there'.

It's nothing to worry about.
    Sorry I wasn’t clear. I know I had awful reflux during pregnancy however I don’t feel like I’ve had it since (2 years ago).

But whenever I go to the dentist they mention it looks as though I have reflux because of my teeth at the back. Different dentist always pick up on it so when I said I’m not sure, it’s because I’m not sure haha. If I do have it it’s nothing like it was when I was pregnant.

Thanks for your reply, I am reading it over and over to try and rationalize my mind.

I found that when I had reflux I didn't even notice it when I wasn't 'that' bad. You may still have some and combined with the nasal drip....hoarse voice. If your dentist thinks you have it, you probably have.

Try apple cider vinegar, it completely cured my reflux, unless I eat stupidly...but that's my fault.

Plenty of resources on Youtube about it's curative effect. It's been used for centuries.

Thread Information