Thread: Does anybody else constantly think negatively or worry about something?

Does anybody else constantly think negatively or worry about something?

You’ll see I posted on New Year’s Eve and really struggled. I’ve developed a cough and it’s irritating and now have a cold to go with it. Last night I could hear crackling going on in throat but there’s no pain just an irritating cough. I spent hours googling when I should have been sleeping and the likes of pneumonia, lung cancer etc came up. When I eventually did go to sleep I woke with a bad too back and just a bit achy. Straight away I thought that my top back pain wash lungs but then I tried to think logically that with all my tossing and turning, I may have just slept funny. I promised myself 2019 would be my year but it’s not been a greet start. It really sets me back from finding a nice fella, having a family and doing the normal couply stuff that people do.

Anyway happy new year all.

Re: Does anybody else constantly think negatively or worry about something?

Thinking negatively and worrying are typical symptoms of GAD, which most of us have over one issue or another. However you have to try your best to stop googling. People who Google eventually come up a diagnosis of cancer. Then you are well and truly down the rabbit hole of health anxiety.
    You don't have pneumonia or cancer, you just have a winter cough. Try and believe this.

Constantly have not slept in over 8 weeks i have a few problems in the male area and im not getting anywhere with the gp i have been to clinic tested fondled with and still the same and more symptoms beside myself googled and given my self worse case of each possible side of the coin and im in bits i have to wait till next friday before i get another bout with tje doctor ive kinda given up with it all atm as i seem to be getting no answers

I’m contemplating going to the doctors tomorrow because I’m worried the crackling sounds are from pneumonia. I don’t have a tight chest, I’m not coughing up anything it’s just a weird crackling sound sometimes when I breathe out. I’m scaring myself as pneumonia is fatal isn’t it? Thank you dark sky for your reply and mindsight if you ever need to pm, you know where I am

Worse things than pneumonia given you are in other wise good health and are not in the brackets of older years

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Thanks katyfitz

Quote Originally Posted by katyfitz View Post
    You’ll see I posted on New Year’s Eve and really struggled. I’ve developed a cough and it’s irritating and now have a cold to go with it. Last night I could hear crackling going on in throat but there’s no pain just an irritating cough. I spent hours googling when I should have been sleeping and the likes of pneumonia, lung cancer etc came up. When I eventually did go to sleep I woke with a bad too back and just a bit achy. Straight away I thought that my top back pain wash lungs but then I tried to think logically that with all my tossing and turning, I may have just slept funny. I promised myself 2019 would be my year but it’s not been a greet start. It really sets me back from finding a nice fella, having a family and doing the normal couply stuff that people do.

Anyway happy new year all.
    It's just the remnants of a cold, that's it. Hopefully you will be able to get these negativity issues under control (or sorted) before you think about having children, as they could be badly affected.

My mother was constantly worried about herself and was constantly negative. It's caused my brother and I no end of issues during our lives.

Take care.

Thread Information