Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood from Rectum-Can barely function

Re: Blood from Rectum-Can barely function

I understand how you are feeling. But as a previous poster said- hemmies bleed; it’s what they do. I’ve had blood after loose bowel movements too. When hemmies burst they do produce quite a lot of blood. You are right to get checked out but the odds are MASSIVELY in your favour.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I get a lot of blood and I mean I can sit on the loo and it drips out.

The cause - piles.

Get checked out but don't jump to conclusions yet.
    A bad case of proctitis can cause this too and there's often clear mucus along with the blood. This is also a benign condition but a pain in the butt !!

Thanks WiseMonkey - I do have IBD so could be that. I will ask my Crohn's consultant when I see him next week.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well, I fretted all weekend, barely slept, and barely ate. I read numerous stories on here and elsewhere. I want to be positive, but the only thing I am positive about is this is not good. I may have believed it was ok if I was younger and did not have family history. My dr. appt is tomorrow and I know he will advise a colonoscopy, which is fine, but just puts off the inevitable of finding the C. I also started my period so my mind and mood are all over the place right now.

Do not think cancer - be positive!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Any chance the blood you saw the other day was the start of your period? It just made me wonder when I saw you type that.

It's really not inevitable - far more people get haemorrhoids/fissures than colon cancer.

Hi, I’ve also had very similar worries and am in fact still experiencing them.

I know it’s hard, it’s absolutely terrifying having to live with a symptom until you can get it checked out, when you’re absolutely positive of the worst but just focus on the fact that it almost certainly isn’t cancer.

There was a user who made a post on here saying he had all the symptoms of CC pretty much and he didn’t have hemmies or a fissure or anything, and the colonoscopy found absolutely nothing. Other than mild gastritis.

It could be something as simple as that. Try and focus on the more likely causes rather than the least likely causes. I say that as I focus on the least likely cause myself and send myself into overdrive but it’s easier to dish out advice rather than take it in yourself.. oh well. Just hang in there.

And when I went to the doctors they said bleeding was only a huge concern if it bled non stop. So I assume that if it was anything serious then your bleeding would continue for w while.

But yeah.. just hang in there. Try to relax

Just back from the GI. He didn't examine me...just scheduled the colonoscopy. I cried the whole way home. He said it was 1 in 1000 that it was cancer which means nothing to me, as I feel in my bones that I am the 1. They were very matter of fact about everything. He thought that I would be more concerned about the procedure. I basically put my hand up and said, "I could care less about the colonoscopy, I care more about what you find." So, that is scheduled for next Friday. I have no idea how I am going to make it until then. I am barely eating now and my husband is stationed out of state, so it is just me with the kids.

I just keep picturing my husband shaking his head after the colonoscopy and they tell him they found something suspicious. His ex-wife's new husband actually passed from CC and I kept thinking maybe they could remarry. And, my poor babies need a mama. This is a nightmare. I have to work, I have to take care of my kids, and this impending doom is just hanging over my head. I can almost touch it. It is like I brought this on to myself after all of these years wondering what cancer I would get...well, here we are.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Oh, and no, it was not blood from my period. I checked there first!

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl77 View Post
    Just back from the GI. He didn't examine me...just scheduled the colonoscopy. I cried the whole way home. He said it was 1 in 1000 that it was cancer which means nothing to me, as I feel in my bones that I am the 1. They were very matter of fact about everything. He thought that I would be more concerned about the procedure. I basically put my hand up and said, "I could care less about the colonoscopy, I care more about what you find." So, that is scheduled for next Friday. I have no idea how I am going to make it until then. I am barely eating now and my husband is stationed out of state, so it is just me with the kids.

I just keep picturing my husband shaking his head after the colonoscopy and they tell him they found something suspicious. His ex-wife's new husband actually passed from CC and I kept thinking maybe they could remarry. And, my poor babies need a mama. This is a nightmare. I have to work, I have to take care of my kids, and this impending doom is just hanging over my head. I can almost touch it. It is like I brought this on to myself after all of these years wondering what cancer I would get...well, here we are.

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Oh, and no, it was not blood from my period. I checked there first!
    1 in a 1000 is pretty good odds. And the fact that you think you are the 1 means nothing because everyone with an anxious mind thinks they are the 1 - and 999 of them are not!! Your babies are going to keep their Mama. And you don’t have long to wait until you can believe that too (odds are 999:1 that I’m right :yeses

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information