Thread: Just had an idea! what do you think?

Just had an idea! what do you think?

Just had an idea been posting on this site for a while now and friends i have met and shared experiences and help and support i have gotten has been tremendous, through good times and bad has really helped me. Although still struggle day to day posting how i feel does help rather than bottling up the feelings and worries and experiences i have up. Thought it would be a good idea to perhaps to also start writing a diary of how i feel every day as well as expereinces etc to be able to vent how we feel has to be a good thing! Also a good thing for when we get better that we can look over the diary and it will spur us on to never get into the same mess again or even to know that as bad as we have all gotten we can overcome it eventually, also to look in the diary and to see in time that the enties in the diary become fewer and fewer is a sign that we are getting better. Just an idea......................

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Yes a diary is an extremely good idea and one we heavily encourage , there are several posts on it it you use the search facility - or someone might find it for you

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Let us know how you get on with it. Don't forget to use it for looking for trends as well initially so food patterns etc

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hiya

yes i write a diary, forgot to write in mine last night!!! also i have a back pain diary coz of my condition so i can show my consutant on march!

anyway i always write my feelings and what i did and where i had any panic attacks/ panic symptoms.

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

A lot of people on here keep diaries so they can look back on it in months to come and see how well they are doing.

I used to make cassettes and when I listen to them now they make me cry to realise I was so bad all those years ago.

Shows how far I have come though.

I also keep a scrapbook and I know it sounds sad but I put things in it that remind me of events - my 1st bus ride in years, my first tram ride, my first plane trip etc - it is good to look back on it with pride.

Hope it helps you too.

Nicola

hi sarah, hope it helps u they say its a good thing to do. I keep a dairy of how i do from one day to the next, I also put in a score at the end of each day how i felt like out of 10. 2/10 bad days and 8 to 10/10 good days, but havnt got 10/10 for years now lol. take care Vernon

I've been working on mine since 2003 and so far I have just started book 3.

Mine is split into 2 sections. Panic attacks at the back and general worries, pictures & stuff at the front.

It would appear that most of my problems are gallstone related as I filled a mammoth 20 pages on that alone. [V]

They are a great idea especially if you need to express your worries and there is no one you feel you can talk to.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Thread Information