Thread: Do I do the test? Or am I feeding my anxiety...

Do I do the test? Or am I feeding my anxiety...

Hiya
    So I’ve been stressing about breast cancer since I had a fibroadenoma diagnosed in pregnancy and I also had one other symptom of one incidence of seeing a tiny bit of dried blood on the same side nipple. Anyway I’ve been seen by the clinic a couple times and spoken about those symptoms, the doctor said - as it was a one time thing he wasn’t worried. Then I’ve been seen again by a consultant privately ... she also said you are fine I can’t feel any issues. But she thought I was a private patient and not paying and she ah I’ll do an ultrasound to put your mind at rest ok. Then she found out I was paying and said it’s not necessary.

Fast forward 2 weeks and I’m worrying ... should I have the ultrasound... will I regret not doing it? So I booked it for Thursday now I’m agonizing over it. Am I going to worry myself more because what if they find another fibroadenoma and have to biopsy again and I have to wait for results and am I just feeding my anxiety having the test she told me I didn’t need?

I just keep thinking in 2 months if I had cancer I’ll be wishing I just did the test and checked and got it earlier !

What do you think I should do? What would you do?

Xx

Re: Do I do the test? Or am I feeding my anxiety...

I'd have the test providing you accept the result and don't then go pushing for a mammogram "just to make doubly sure" etc etc.

Ultrasound is relatively cheap and harmless You won't be exposing yourself to unnecessary radiation. Yes it's for reassurance but so long as you make this the final test then I can't see the harm in it.

Yeh I guess now I’ve just started worrying obviously if something bad is found but also if something benign is found but needs further testing to check it’s benign and it’s something I wouldn’t of even known it was there and I have to put myself through waiting for results and worrying!

Can you just leave things as they are without having the ultrasound though? If you can then that's great.

Yeh I’m not sure I can but that’s because of the HA .... we always have that ‘but what if’ barking on and on in our heads!!! ��

Thread Information