Thread: Gallbladder? Anyone have a HIDA scan?

Gallbladder? Anyone have a HIDA scan?

Hello all!

I've been experiencing some intermittent abdominal aches in my upper right side (half under my ribs) and sometimes in my back in the same area.
    It isnt severe but does range from dull ache to more annoying ache. Somedays its minimal, some days it's all day. Can't seem to find a pattern with food or bowel movements. Havent been vomiting but do feel as though my bowel movements are a little 'dry' with some more frequent gas. Not sure if it's related but I have cloudy pee at least once a day, no itching, burning, or pain. 2 urine tests came back normal.

It all started a few months ago. I ended up with strep throat and took a course of antibiotics and steroids. I started eating better, started on zoloft again (only 25mg because my seasonal anxiety gets bad), and also started a supplement for hormone balance (I suffer from a hormone imbalance and supplement has been working wonders).
    Went to doctor for woman checkup and mentioned it, she said if it gets worse come back. It didnt get better or worse but persisted so I went back 3 weeks later. Doctor pressed on abdomen and there is no tenderness anywhere. Sent me for ultrasound which was clear. Finally got my HIDA test done yesterday but have to wait until Monday for results.

Questions:
    During my HIDA test, liver picked up and stored the dye into gallbladder in the first hour. Drank ensure and did another hour. I could see some of the dye in my intestines on the screen but my gallbladder was still glowing white with dye.
    Is it supposed to completely empty?
    I asked the tech, obviously he danced around the question because they cant give a diagnosis but he went on to say the surgery to remove it is easy and I'm young(25) and that I would recover quickly.

Do my symptoms even sound like gallbladder or is there another explanation for localized dull pain without a pattern?

Does it sound like I will need to have it removed?

Sorry for the long post. I know I should just relax and wait on results but cmon.. we all know how anxiety works here.. I cant get it out of my mind. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and/or answer! Its greatly appreciated.

Re: Gallbladder? Anyone have a HIDA scan?

Noone?

Does not sound like a gallbladder issue to me but I'm not a dr either sooooo.. I had my gallbladder removed several years ago and the pain came in attacks verses a steady ache. You can often find a pattern between eating and gallbladder pain esp if it's a fatty meal. The pain doesn't start right away but a few hours later which is why a lot of people dont notice the correlation right away. If it does turn out to be your gallbladder, the surgery to remove it is pretty straight forward and out of all the surgeries I have had, it was by far the easiest. I was up and moving around as soon as I woke from anesthesia and was home within an hour after that...

Try not to worry about it or get ahead of yourself though since you dont yet know what's what.

Well I got the results. She said the scan came back normal. Now they want to do an endoscopy :(
    Does this sound like maybe it could be muscular or maybe a pinched nerve in my back/spine? I'm trying to weigh all options but I'm so done with all the testing and appointments just to get no answers:(

Thread Information