Thread: Complex Liver Cyst

Complex Liver Cyst

During a scan for gallstone, it was noted that I have a "complex liver cyst". The It was an incidental finding and the radiologist impression said “a small cyst with tiny septation and no worrysome features“. I followed up 6 months later and it was stable but this radiologist called it the "complex cyst". No other comments on it. My PCP is not at all concerned and said its stable and the radiologists are not concerned but I should follow up yearly. The thing is, the septation is worrying me. I did a lot of medical research on these cysts and complex liver cysts need to be watched carefully for cancer. I am very scared to go for my yearly follow-up, which will be this April. Yep, only January and I'm already worried. I know like 5% of the population have liver cysts but does anyone have one that is complex, specifically with septations? I am so worried that at this next FU (3rd one) they are going to say its grown, changed, more worrisome, etc.

Re: Complex Liver Cyst

I'm not a radiologist, but isn't a cyst with septations and complex cyst the same thing depending on who you are talking to? It might not have changed at all.

I think these distinctions are made for breast cysts too and they usually use the terms complex and complicated to mean some light debris or a single septation, still meant to convey it's benign status.

Hi,

I don't know anything about these liver cyst's but I would speak to your GP if you have any questions so they can put your mind at rest?

If you don't mind me asking, are you currently seeking help for your health anxiety and is your GP aware of your anxiety issues? As from having a brief look, you've been a member for 4 weeks and have thought you had lymphoma, meningitis, optic neuritis and a brain tumour. Plus another few issues. Just take a read back in the space of four weeks, so you know the likelihood of you having all of those things is pretty impossible. So that means you must have been wrong. Try and acknowledge that for a while the thought pattern and how one fear then changed to another fear and so on, it's a place to start.

Wishing you well x
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by ktdid2000 View Post
    I'm not a radiologist, but isn't a cyst with septations and complex cyst the same thing depending on who you are talking to? It might not have changed at all.

I think these distinctions are made for breast cysts too and they usually use the terms complex and complicated to mean some light debris or a single septation, still meant to convey it's benign status.

Correct septated/complex one radiologist noted the septation the other one noted to septation and because of it called a complex. I am hoping for no change.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KatiePink View Post
    Hi,

I don't know anything about these liver cyst's but I would speak to your GP if you have any questions so they can put your mind at rest?

If you don't mind me asking, are you currently seeking help for your health anxiety and is your GP aware of your anxiety issues? As from having a brief look, you've been a member for 4 weeks and have thought you had lymphoma, meningitis, optic neuritis and a brain tumour. Plus another few issues. Just take a read back in the space of four weeks, so you know the likelihood of you having all of those things is pretty impossible. So that means you must have been wrong. Try and acknowledge that for a while the thought pattern and how one fear then changed to another fear and so on, it's a place to start.

Wishing you well x
    Thank you for your response. Yes this has been a hard few weeks for me. I appreciate you pointing out the pattern. While it seems so real in the moment I can look at that now and realize that it’s flawed thinking patterns. I currently take medication for my anxiety and panic and I am in therapy two times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyLabVA View Post
    Correct septated/complex one radiologist noted the septation the other one noted to septation and because of it called a complex. I am hoping for no change.

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Thank you for your response. Yes this has been a hard few weeks for me. I appreciate you pointing out the pattern. While it seems so real in the moment I can look at that now and realize that it’s flawed thinking patterns. I currently take medication for my anxiety and panic and I am in therapy two times a week.
    Completely understand that, been there too many times even though I know and realise what I'm doing, in the moment it's so real. Is it CBT therapy you're having?
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Thread Information