Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoking

Re: Smoking

Quote Originally Posted by lukeneal26 View Post
    So the mouth ulcers and cold sore have cleared up but dam this not smoking has its issues....my cravings have pretty much gone but I'm finding my anxiety levels rise and moments off panic sneak in haha just wondered what anyone who had stopped smoking had gone through so I know what's coming yay
    I never really had increased anxiety but it will be 4 yrs for me on 26/1 and I still have the odd day when I would literally kill for a smoke.
    When that happens I remind myself of the bad taste in the mouth and the way smokers smell.
    Are you noticing that smokers really smell bad esp if they've just had one?

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Yeah definitely I hate the smell now! And when someone's been smoking I can smell it straight away! I always drank Guinness and now I find the taste not so good which hurts alot haha...my anxiety is pretty well controlled but since I stopped smoking it's been high!! I'd not had a panic attack for years but the other night my body went all hot and tingley and I felt faint it was that fast I never got time to prevent it! That's the first time since I stopped I wanted to smake!

Quote Originally Posted by lukeneal26 View Post
    Yeah definitely I hate the smell now! And when someone's been smoking I can smell it straight away! I always drank Guinness and now I find the taste not so good which hurts alot haha...my anxiety is pretty well controlled but since I stopped smoking it's been high!! I'd not had a panic attack for years but the other night my body went all hot and tingley and I felt faint it was that fast I never got time to prevent it! That's the first time since I stopped I wanted to smake!
    Yep it sure affects your sense of taste.
    Are you on meds?

Not anymore no I've taken sertraline before for around 2 years and did my cbt ext and to be honest I've been all good and I still am really! I have worrys now and again but I think more logical..I exercise and eat right and try not to drink to much beer haha! Since I stopped smoking it's been strange as the panic attacks just happen! No anxiety ext I can be fine just getting on with life and boom it hits me that fast! After 20 minutes off deep breaths they pass. That's why I wondered if people who stopped had suffered with panic attacks lol

Hopefully it will pass.
    Your body is getting heaps more oxygen now so that may have something to do with it?
    I was in a bit of a mess when I gave up so I honestly can't remember if it happened to me.

I stopped smoking after 20 years of 20 a day.
    I used willpower and 5HTP tablets, two one hour before bed, worked a treat. No sweats or night terrors from withdrawal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information