Thread: Still ill and now feel really scared

Struggling and thinking I won’t make it to the new year

Hi everyone,
    So my parents have gone away for new year and I’ve come out with my aunts but am panicking. Since yesterday I’ve developed an irritant cough and I’ve googled it and phnumonia could be a cause. My heart rate seems a bit fast and I keep thinking right I’ve got a bad chest infection what if I collapse and don’t see the new year? I’m in a bit of a state but don’t wanna get it up and leave. Does anyone else get like this. Could this just be a normal cough? It’s hard having anxiety

Re: Struggling and thinking I won’t make it to the new year

It is indeed hard having anxiety. You are making massive leap from a cough to pneumonia. There are a lot of coughs and suchlike around at the moment. You have a tickly cough that's all. Your heart rate is fast because you are winding yourself up into a panic.
    Don't get up and leave, take a breath and see it out. Tell yourself you are not leaving anywhere just because anxiety tells you to. It's not your boss.
    See you in the New Year

From a cough in December/January to pneumonia. Do you hear how crazy that is?!

But you know what’s not crazy? How absolutely this is health anxiety

Your heart rate will go faster with a cold. Do you have a temperature? People in my household are all getting some viral thing at the moment. I'm on my 2nd day with a temperature and really sore head when I cough. Just rest up, drink plenty of water, and if your chest gets really bad go to your GP so they can listen to your chest. My other half had 5 days in a row of temperature, she went to GP who said her chest was clear. Everyone else my household has a nasty cough.

It's after midnight in the UK so Happy New Year! Looks like you made it!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Really scared

Everyday I wake up feeling a bit worse. Now what was just a cough is now in my throat, ears I’m still coughing and just don’t feel well at all. I’m crying as I type this because I don’t want to be hospitalised for what is wrong with me. It’s my bday next week and I want to be able to see it. My family keep saying it’s the virus going around and it will eventually get better but what if it doesn’t. My panic may not be helping me but it is worrying me so much and I just wish I could feel better again. All sorts is going through my head....pneumonia, lung cancer, heart failure, tumours all of which are making me feel like this. I know I’ve posted a few times but I can’t talk to anyone who understands unless I’m here 😩

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Really scared

The Told Ya So Gang will be on standby to wish you a happy birthday next week. You will be fine but you need to work on self-help methods to reduce your anxiety so you don't keep waking up with this feeling of impending doom.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Still ill and now feel really scared

Hi everyone.
    So I’ve posted on here that I’ve had a cough since New Year’s Day that just won’t go away. It’s no accompanied by a sore throat, ears, swollen glands and blocked nose. I went to the drs Monday who did a thorough check on me and the only things slightly raised were heart rate and blood pressure but she put that down to me being so anxious. She also told me that with any kind of infection your blood pressure tends to be low. I was due back st work Monday and did attempt going in but just had no energy and currently still off. It’s my bday today and all I can think about is why I’m not getting better and what if I have something more serious and that’s why it’s not clearing up. Like I’ve always suspected something wrong with my Bowles so maybe I was right and my immune system is so low it’s not taking to any meds to get me better. I can’t eeally sleep cause I’m coughing so much so I’m exhausted. Just really upset st the moment and not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Has anyone else had a bad cough/cold recently? What did you use to help you?

Re: Still ill and now feel really scared

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information