Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mole Panic

Mole Panic

Hey Everyone! So on my arm I have had a mole since childhood so it has been atleast 30 years. It hasn't changed. It is one color and under the size of a pencil eraser.I have actually never even worried about it. My shoulder started hurting a few days ago and ever since I just keep thinking this mole is melanoma and has spread to my shoulder. Ugh. Anyone have anything like it? Its just not a perfect circle so it worries me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Mole Panic

Quote Originally Posted by CHELLEB1017 View Post
    Hey Everyone! So on my arm I have had a mole since childhood so it has been atleast 30 years. It hasn't changed. It is one color and under the size of a pencil eraser.I have actually never even worried about it. My shoulder started hurting a few days ago and ever since I just keep thinking this mole is melanoma and has spread to my shoulder. Ugh. Anyone have anything like it? Its just not a perfect circle so it worries me.
    Just looks like an ordinary mole. If you are worried go see a dermatologist

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Looks a bit like Apple Logo!

Oh and it's perfectly normal IMO. Your shoulder pain connection is really stretching even HA limits

Never Surrender, Comrade

So even though it isnt a perfect circle it can still be okay? The edges arent perfect so thats why I worry?

Yes, it can still be ok (and almost surely is). It's circular, not some random pattern. Honestly, it looks as normal as a mole could be. I've been there too, but unchanged for 30 years has to tell you it's nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by CHELLEB1017 View Post
    So even though it isnt a perfect circle it can still be okay? The edges arent perfect so thats why I worry?
    Absolutely. This is not abnormal. Moles aren't always "perfect", but I understand why you feel this way. Skin bends and moves and stretches, especially as we age. Moles, being basically part of the skin, bend/move/stretch along with it. When they talk about irregular borders, I believe they're referring to lesions that are essentially not circular at all. Such as a mole shaped like a splatter of ink. Not regular at all. I have many moles like in your picture, as well as some with faded/not sharp borders. No worries.

You guys thank u so much. I will just keep an eye out on once a month and go from there.
    Again thanks

I agree, this one looks fine! If it starts changing, bleeding, itching, etc, then go see a derm. But I don't see anything worrisome here. :-)

One more voice to agree with the don't worry crowd. It doesn't fit any of the ABCs of melanoma, and unless it appeared overnight, I wouldn't give it a second though.

One thing I learned from my derm when I asked about edges that aren’t perfectly circular is that it’s not so much the fact that they are perfectly smooth but more so that they have definite borders and aren’t “blurry” like a smudge. If that makes sense.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information