Thread: help?? prolapse or nothing serious??

help?? prolapse or nothing serious??

hello all!! it's been a while since i posted on the forums (i've been struggling with my ocd, not really health anxiety until recent.)

a thought crossed my mind, how do i know if i have a problem that could lead to fecal incontinence? and now i've been freaking out for the past few days. i have a history of dealing with a sensitive stomach and having to strain when going. but... i'm only a teenager...

what if my nerves or muscles are weak/damaged? i read about a loose or weak anal sphincter and now i'm terrified i have this!! what if it leads to a rectal prolapse or something?? ever since these thoughts came about i noticed i'm having difficulty controlling my gas and whenever i feel like i have to go i panic thinking i'll lose control and go right where i'm at.

anybody please help!!

Re: help?? prolapse or nothing serious??

today was hard for me. i tried my best not to google information or focus on anything related but ugh. i had what felt like uncontrollable gas this evening?? and i had two bowel movements today and was too afraid of waiting to go. i’m just still freaked out right now.

DON'T Google, nothing good will come from doing this.. I know the internet is full of information but it doesn't know you personally, doesn't know your medical history. It knows only what you tell it and tends to pull up the most dangerous conditions when looking up symptoms even though those same set of symptoms are associated with a million other things most of which are much more common then that dangerous condition and much more likely benign. Googling symptoms is not good for anyone, it will certainly cause a person who doesn't normally suffer from anxiety to become anxious never mind someone who does.

Your a tad young to be concerning yourself with any sort of incontinence.

thank you for your reply!! i've managed to stop myself from googling despite how hard it is. the thing is this whole incontinence thing seems so real that it scares me... like, this is something that can actually happen. i hoope it doesn't happen to me though and i'm just so scared

This is not something that just happens to people for no reason - especially young people! I have a super weak pelvic floor thanks to the beauty of childbirth and so my muscles down there are all much weaker than they were before having a baby. Even with those weakened muscles there are no issues with incontinence. You have to severely weaken the muscles or destroy the nerves to end up in that situation. Based on your post it seems like you're just worrying about this out of the blue, so stop! Focusing so heavily on it will only make your symptoms seem worse/mess with your stomach.

Thread Information