Thread: Anyone housebound for the most part?

Anyone housebound for the most part?

Didn't know there was this section on here.

Had another argument with the wife today. She wanted me to pick up our son from school but yet again I can't leave the house. It makes her mad, and I can understand why. But she doesn't understand what living like this is like.

For about 2 years now I've pretty much not left the house. Less than 100 times easily. I keep active by exercising. I have a weight bench, free weights, jump rope, climb hunderds of steps etc.

I have never met anyone like me who can't leave the house. I just hate the outside world. I don't feel comfortable, or safe. Throughout the 2 years I haven't given in trying. I've went out, I've walked the dogs late at night to help me get out the house, I sometimes go to the shops to get food.

But that's about it. I won't ride in a car. I try my hardest not to get on a bus.

I'm waiting on my therapy, but I just wanted to know if there's anybody else who spends most of their time in the home because of a fear of leaving?

Re: Anyone housebound for the most part?

I spend a lot of my time at home. I find it easier to leave the house if I'm with someone, although even then I still struggle. But I never leave the house by myself these days. I'm so worried that something will happen to me that I just avoid going out altogether.

You're definitely not alone so many people struggle with this. Even been signed off work sick recently, for the second time, because I can't face going out every day anymore.

Amazing job on not giving in trying though because that takes a lot of strength. Do keep pushing yourself as much as you can

Quote Originally Posted by Graceski View Post
    I spend a lot of my time at home. I find it easier to leave the house if I'm with someone, although even then I still struggle. But I never leave the house by myself these days. I'm so worried that something will happen to me that I just avoid going out altogether.

You're definitely not alone so many people struggle with this. Even been signed off work sick recently, for the second time, because I can't face going out every day anymore.

Amazing job on not giving in trying though because that takes a lot of strength. Do keep pushing yourself as much as you can
    Thank you Graceski, it's refreshing to know I'm not alone in this. I too have been signed off. I work on a few personal projects at home that keeps me occupied and help my friends in the US with their projects from time to time. I tried to go back to work and ended up in a right old mess. I work

I can only leave the house with my o/h as I am afraid to go out on my own.
    I do go in the garden on my own, but that's about it.
    I'm trying to build on my confidence, but unfortunately set backs mainly due to grief, illness and stress puts me in a 'two steps forward, one step back' situation.
    I also can't be left alone in the house due to panic.
    You are definitely not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I can only leave the house with my o/h as I am afraid to go out on my own.
    I do go in the garden on my own, but that's about it.
    I'm trying to build on my confidence, but unfortunately set backs mainly due to grief, illness and stress puts me in a 'two steps forward, one step back' situation.
    I also can't be left alone in the house due to panic.
    You are definitely not alone.
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds a lot like my situation re: the 2 steps forward 1 back.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

It's a vicious cycle too because then I start to worry I'm basically mostly inactive. They say a human should walk 1000 steps a day at the least. 10,000 to be "normal".

Thread Information