Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red bits on toilet paper after wiping.

Re: Bowel meltdown - would appreciate pep talk, help and advice

Just had my daily BM, slightly more constipated than usual and when wiping yet more red blood came away. Only on the first wipe, second wipe onwards was clear. Is this a good sign? Stools themselves didn't seem to be bloody.. This is really starting to stress me. Although I'm not having a total meltdown as of yet thankfully.

Can you 'feel' hemorroids?

A rather strange question but after visiting the doctor for some minor anus bleeding, they said I had either fissures or hemerroids. I just want to know if I'm imagining things, or if hemorroids can be felt.

I sometimes feel 'something' just around my rectum. It's hard to describe, but it just feels like something is there. Sometimes after passing a BM I get sore around there, (and occassionally see a drop or two of fresh red blood) and it sometimes irritates to walk and sit. It itches occassionally, and as nasty as it probably sounds, it can feel like something is trying to 'get out.'

None of this is constant, it comes and goes, which makes me feel like I may just be imagining it. Or is that indicative of a hemorroid?

Re: Can you 'feel' hemorroids?

Yes you can feel them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by KrankerMann View Post
    A rather strange question but after visiting the doctor for some minor anus bleeding, they said I had either fissures or hemerroids. I just want to know if I'm imagining things, or if hemorroids can be felt.

I sometimes feel 'something' just around my rectum. It's hard to describe, but it just feels like something is there. Sometimes after passing a BM I get sore around there, (and occassionally see a drop or two of fresh red blood) and it sometimes irritates to walk and sit. It itches occassionally, and as nasty as it probably sounds, it can feel like something is trying to 'get out.'

None of this is constant, it comes and goes, which makes me feel like I may just be imagining it. Or is that indicative of a hemorroid?
    Sounds like piles to me. They get inflamed so they feel like they are popping out to play if they are near to "the exit". You can feel like you are sitting on something, something is rubbing or just sensation in that area.

Would a calprotectin test detect BC?

I have had full bloods and calprotectin test taken recently, would they detect something amiss? After weeks of fine BMs with no blood, I think I detected a tiny bit of red blood on the tissue today. We're talking less than a 1mm in size, but it looked red blood to me. I wiped a couple of times and I seen it, along with a tiny red smear. Is it rational to notice such a tiny amount? This, coupled with the back ache and weird aches I get has me panicked.

Many thanks.

Re: Would a calprotectin test detect BC?

Not that I know of. I've only had it done/seen it used to see how active my Crohn's disease is(by showing how much inflammation I have in my intestines).

Quote Originally Posted by KrankerMann View Post
    I have had full bloods and calprotectin test taken recently, would they detect something amiss? After weeks of fine BMs with no blood, I think I detected a tiny bit of red blood on the tissue today. We're talking less than a 1mm in size, but it looked red blood to me. I wiped a couple of times and I seen it, along with a tiny red smear. Is it rational to notice such a tiny amount? This, coupled with the back ache and weird aches I get has me panicked.

Many thanks.
    I got it done recently as well as the doctor wanted to check if I have any inflammation inside, so this is often used as an inflammation marker. Tiny red blood can result from a lot of things and does not mean Bowel Cancer, in fact, BC's blood is a lot darker and usually mixed in with the stool, and even then it can be inflammation mostly. Blood can however indicate external or internal roids, fissures, inflammation in your colon. How old are you though?
    Last edited by glittery; 26-03-19 at 03:48.

Thanks Glittery. My blood test and calprotectin test came back all clear so there's no inflammation, though the doctor did say the test indicates I have IBS.
    I've been told by four medical professionals (two GPs, a nurse practitioner and an intensive care nurse) that there is nothing wrong with me. Of course I can't believe them.

I've just read stories of BC being diagnosed after red blood being found. I wonder if this means dark red blood. All blood I see is pretty miniscule in amount and bright red. I'm 26 by the way with no family history of cancer of any kind. I know, "too young" to have it, but people have had it younger.

It's the minute amounts of blood with the ache and pains around my abdomen that concern me. My right side aches quite a lot and can migrate around to my lower ajf mid back. My left side sometimes also, and I get slight sharp pain around my stomach, the belly button, the pit of my stomach etc.

The fact that the pain shifts around is a strong indicator there's nothing much wrong.

Also, y'know, the fact that four people with more medical training than you have have told you outright.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information