Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spine pain

Spine pain

So I've been having on and off neck, shoulder, upper/Middle back pain since late October with definite muscle knots. The other day during a massage I noticed my back was sore in the middle really close or on the spine. Well yesterday I noticed it tender to touch. Well of course I freak. It's like a 4 inch spot along my spine in the thoracic region. Apparently this is a "red flag." So naturally freaked it's spinal tumor spread from some other cancer. I touched it a lot yesterday and now it's really sore. Can it still just be muscular? It really feels like it's on the spine. Anyone else ever have a sore spine tender to touch?

Re: Spine pain

So who diagnosed this as a red flag symptom?

Lol Dr. Google of course

Of course

Good that you can see the trap you have fallen into! Visits to Dr Google are definitely to be avoided if you want to manage your HA successfully.

Try this for me, get a pen and paper, draw two columns, irrational and rational, under irrational write the scary health problems and thoughts about it and on the rational write what is much more likely and counter rational thoughts for the irrational ones, I found this helpful in the past.

And stay away from Dr Google he’s an idiot

Hope you are feeling better soon
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be?”

Hi, you've described exactly what I'm experiencing right now. My upper back and shoulders have been bothering me for a few months, and I have a spot on my spine that is sore to the touch. I've googled extensively (I know ) and I haven't seen that come up as a red flag? Now I'm panicking... I have bad health anxiety and I'm scheduled to see my doctor and a therapist next week to address it, but until then, I'm having a hard time.

Sounds postural to me so get that sorted and see how it goes

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

So I totally forgot that last weekend like two day-ish before my massage I did this exercise to try and strength my muscles back there and I did it a little bit throughout this week. I wonder if it could have caused anything? Even though I'm not totally convinced because it hurts right on the spine. https://imgur.com/a/qrAhRbe

Quote Originally Posted by cath34 View Post
    Hi, you've described exactly what I'm experiencing right now. My upper back and shoulders have been bothering me for a few months, and I have a spot on my spine that is sore to the touch. I've googled extensively (I know ) and I haven't seen that come up as a red flag? Now I'm panicking... I have bad health anxiety and I'm scheduled to see my doctor and a therapist next week to address it, but until then, I'm having a hard time.
    Oh no, I'm sorry! I think it's more of a red flag when combined with other symptoms. My dad also has tender spots on his spine in that general area, so maybe pain on the spine is more common than you think. Mine is really quite tender now, I think from messing with it. Before I could only feel pain if it was touched and it wasn't that bad. Now, it's to the point where I can feel slight pain laying it and hurts a lot more if touched. Sigh.

Mine is EXACTLY the same. Didn't notice it before unless I touched it but now I can feel it laying down. Also still having a lot of shoulder and upper back soreness. I just wish it would go away

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information