Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spine pain

Re: Spine pain

Quote Originally Posted by cath34 View Post
    Mine is EXACTLY the same. Didn't notice it before unless I touched it but now I can feel it laying down. Also still having a lot of shoulder and upper back soreness. I just wish it would go away
    Yeah I think we are just more aware of it and that's why we feel it cause of you think about it. I've been having so much neck and shoulder pain on and off since October that it's driving me crazy. I'm not health anxiety anxious about it but more anxious that it's going to be like this forever. I need to go to a PT. I think it's a weak muscle problem that needs strengthened. And postural. The spine thing idk.

Yes you're probably right. It's reassuring to hear you're not health anxiety anxious about the neck and shoulder pain. Does massage help it? Do you have knots? I have what I think are knots but anything that feels like a lump scares me. My posture isn't great so that could very well be related to mine as well.

Yes you're probably right. It's reassuring to hear you're not health anxiety anxious about the neck and shoulder pain. Does massage help it? Do you have knots? I have what I think are knots but anything that feels like a lump scares me. My posture isn't great so that could very well be related to mine as well.
    Oh, I know I have knots. On my right shoulder it can get so bad it feels like a literal boulder. The right side it is further down. And then I'm sure I have little ones elsewhere. I try to take a tennis ball and press against the wall in the bad areas. The massage definitely helps but more temporary, probably because it's not fixing what is causing it (either tension or bad posture). I probably need some yoga or pilates in my life. I just want the spine pain to go away, so I can stop worrying about that. Wish I never pressed on it.

Have a look at some info on myofascial pain and trigger point release.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Have a look at some info on myofascial pain and trigger point release.
    Yep, already have. But maybe Cath34 can, it may help her. Actually that's what I try to do with the tennis ball. Try to find my trigger points and hold it there. I ended up on reddit in the chronic pain subreddit reading about people with myofascial pain and freaked myself out that it'll get bad like those people who seem to be in misery all the time. So noped right out of there.

This is just a temporary thing for you, Megan. See a decent massage therapist or a physio to loosen things up?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    This is just a temporary thing for you, Megan. See a decent massage therapist or a physio to loosen things up?
    Yeah, I'm thinking about a PT. And it's gotten a little better since changing pillows for the 3rd time.

Quote Originally Posted by megan91 View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking about a PT. And it's gotten a little better since changing pillows for the 3rd time.
    Thanks both of you for the tip about myofascial pain, I've done a little reading and it sounds similar to what I'm experiencing as well. I think I may have trigger points in my ribs too.

The sore spot on my spine feels different, more like pushing on a bruise or something (but there's no bruise) I have an appointment tomorrow so I'm going to bring it up and see what my doctor says, megan I will let you know if she has any insight.

Can I ask what type of pillow you're using that helps?

Thanks both of you for the tip about myofascial pain, I've done a little reading and it sounds similar to what I'm experiencing as well. I think I may have trigger points in my ribs too.

The sore spot on my spine feels different, more like pushing on a bruise or something (but there's no bruise) I have an appointment tomorrow so I'm going to bring it up and see what my doctor says, megan I will let you know if she has any insight.

Can I ask what type of pillow you're using that helps?
    That's how my spine feels too, bruised like. It's really tender whereas my knots you have to press on a good amount and it's different feeling. I'm a side sleeper so idk how you sleep but I use this pillow from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EI...op_mb_pd_title You can take out the stuffing to adjust.

[QUOTE=megan91;1850039]That's how my spine feels too, bruised like. It's really tender whereas my knots you have to press on a good amount and it's different feeling. I'm a side sleeper so idk how you sleep but I use this pillow from Amazon.

Weird I posted a reply earlier today but I don't see my post here? I just wanted to thank you for the link to the pillow! It looks amazing Also, in my post I mentioned that I had seen my doctor today - she doesn't seem worried about the pain on the spine thing. She said it was probably related to the other back pain I've been having (the muscle soreness etc.) and the fact that I didn't "jump" when she pressed on my spine was a good sign, as well as the fact that I have full range of motion when moving my back and neck etc. She didn't feel the need to order an x-ray so I did my best to accept that and not question it although it's hard Anyway not that I'm not telling you this so you don't go get yours checked out if you want, but it sounds so similar to mine so I wanted to let you know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information