To GAD:

I am terribly sorry that reading this thread did not make you feel better. I hope you find some reassurance that you are not alone with your feelings/thoughts. I'm on the other side of the globe and I feel your pain!

I know that I am young, am not married and do not have children to care for. I know that I truly can not empathise with your situation since you are a little deeper into it. I have only been with my boyfriend for 3 years, but I can honestly say that taking time apart has been the best experience for the both of us. We see each other when we need/want to see each other. This has helped my anxiety calm down (well, some days) and has helped me realize that I truly do love him. Like I said, I know there are more lives than just one riding on your decision to seperate yourself, but I think you're doing a good thing. I know it may not mean much coming from a complete stranger, but I just want you to know that I think you're doing the right thing. Ultimately you are your own person and do not owe anyone anything, so get yourself straightened out. I'm sure your family will be waiting with open arms once you figure out they're where you need to be