Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pelvic pain for a week each month (AFTER my period)

Re: Pelvic pain for a week each month (AFTER my period)

Do you think it could be the ovaries gearing up for ovulation? I’m at a loss too and mine is also like clockwork x

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1108 View Post
    Do you think it could be the ovaries gearing up for ovulation? I’m at a loss too and mine is also like clockwork x
    I definitely could be because it's so low. Some of it is gas pains that are relieved if I pass gas or go to the bathroom... but I can't figure out if the gas is causing the pain or if whatever is causing the pain/pressure is making the gas worse. It's frustrating.

The only thing it tracks with is estrogen rise and fall, but according to my doctor and every other piece of info on the internet estrogen is supposed to make you feel better not worse! But, I have several uterine fibroids, which can be caused by high estrogen, so I really wonder if it's just like an estrogen dominance thing? But, I don't have irregular periods, which seem to be a major symptom of hormonal imbalance.

I may run it by my primary care. She's really good at coming up with ideas. She figured out that my migraines, neck and shoulder pain, and tooth aches were TMJ. She's been on maternity leave, but I think gets back this month. So I may make an appointment or just send her a message to see if she has any thoughts.

I get more gas too! I also bloat a lot with ovulation but not so much with my period. I honestly think it’s my body just prepping itself again as it subsided after ovulation. It hung around last month but was my first month on the pill so all sorts going on plus I was really fixating on it x

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

I also think I have an imbalance as I get spotting before and after, acne, mood swings. But my periods are like clockwork x

I'll be interested in seeing if the pill helps with this issue for you! I am definitely considering it!

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

I have one kid and don't want another because of all the postpartum anxiety and other issues I had. I've actually had nightmares about getting pregnant. Maybe this is my body's way of being like WARNING WARNING!! YOU'RE FERTILE! EVEN IF YOU WERE THINKING ABOUT HAVING SEX, NOW YOU CAN'T BECAUSE IT HURTS TOO MUCH!

Ha yes, I said something very similar to a friend! Before my most recent child I used to feel really run down and ill when I ovulated. Like my body was trying its hardest to prevent me from conceiving ha.

M experiencing sharp, sometimes burning, pains low in my pelvic area - to either side, just inside my hip bones, and then just above the pubic bone. The nurse practitioner I saw (who has been absolutely amazing) has referred me to a gynaecologist querying endometriosis. I get my pains throughout the month though they certainly increase in line with my cycle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information