Thread: A lesson learned for the 10th time, this time from Mum's 'Brain Tumor'

A lesson learned for the 10th time, this time from Mum's 'Brain Tumor'

For the past 2 months my mother has been suffering from vertigo, to the point she was vomiting. She also seemed to have increased sensitivity to light, especially fluroscent light.
    At the same time she was smelling smoke constantly.
    Went to an ENT, no problems with ears or nose/sinuses. Referred on to an audiologist to have an extra test done on the ears, as thats usually where vertigo originates. Again nothing out of the ordinary.

Now I'm starting to worry. If it's not the ears or nose causing these problems, what is? Back to the GP who decides its probably nothing. Get a brain MRI just to rule out any problem out there. The GP assures mum she is "80% sure there's no problem in the brain", I'm thinking "80%!? Doctors usually say 99%.." I'm more worried. Symptoms continue with some waxing and waning. MRI comes and goes. At this point I'm freaking out. Dizziness, photosensitive, vomiting, phantom smells. No apparent reason. It has to be a brain tumor or some neurological disease.

Result came through today. Brain is clear. No issues at all.
    I can now ass Brain Tumor to the list of illnesses that i was certain I or someone else close to me had, but didn't.

Re: A lesson learned for the 10th time, this time from Mum's 'Brain Tumor'

This made me feel better my mum has been experiencing the smoke smell on and off which has made me panic (she has no other symptoms but HA does it to you). She said if it persists she will see the docs but doesnt settle my feeling of unease. So i totally relate - when im not worrying about my own health I am those closest to me.

Thread Information