Quote Originally Posted by textsfromthemoon View Post
I completely get what you're saying about your brain always trying to keep going with the "what ifs", I was definitely there a few weeks ago too when I had my supposed "rabies incident", you have to find what works for you in quieting those thoughts and not letting your brain run away with them, do you have certain things you enjoy doing, any hobbies that could be distracting? One technique I actually learned from another thread on this site was when you start feeling yourself spiral into these thoughts tell yourself "lets worry about this later" and then force your brain to move onto another thought, it takes some practice but its helped for me in terms of stopping the spiraling.
Yeah, I am trying that. Have tried in the past. I have since cooled down about this. This fear comes in cycles for me, comes and goes, comes and goes. I have other things to worry about now, maybe that's why. I am trying really hard to nip these thoughts in the bud if they arise. I hope it stays that way. Thanks!