Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange cold pinprick sensations randomly all over body. Is this anxiety?

Strange cold pinprick sensations randomly all over body. Is this anxiety?

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum and I'm getting desperate for some reassurance on this symptom. so a quick bit of background. I'm 36, female, had my 2nd baby 13 months ago. I have a long history of anxiety and panic attacks since I was 13. My anxiety I'd usually about physical symptoms so I guess i have health anxiety. I went back to work after maternity leave 2 months ago and have been quite anxious and exhausted. 5 weeks ago this random symptoms started. It's like a cold pinprick sensation that just goes on for a second and can be anywhere on my body, usually arms, hands, legs and feet. its intermittent and sometimes I get a lot of pinpricks in different spots, sometimes just one. Sometimes it kinda feels like raindrops falling on me. I get it every day, sometimes it's all day on and off quite bad, other times just every now and then. it seems worse when at work but I also get it at home and when relaxed which is what really worries me.
    I've been waiting to see doctor and seeing him finally on Monday but so scared that he wont knownwhat it is and I'll be stuck with it or that it'll be something serious. I'm really struggling at work as its causing me to have panic attacks and constant anxiety. I've never has this as an anxiety symptom before. so worried.
    Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this. I'm out of my mind with worry.

Re: Strange cold pinprick sensations randomly all over body. Is this anxiety?

I am having similar type of thing although the opposite complete fine in the working day and at night i get an on set of weird sensations although its not crawling i can feel my leg hair and arm hair move also pin pricks that can be pretty bad and sharp also a wet burning drop feel in random places inclhding at odd times in eyes i do have red dots about my legs and chest these have been checked by a doctor who does not seem to bothered i feel itchy and terrible all the time bloods will be back monday part of me wants to have found something and the other half hopes its anxiety not to be ill very weird feelings

Hi mindset. sounds similar. it's so freaky I hate it! I hope your blood tests come back ok. Maybe it will be a quick fix like vitamin deficiency (that's what I keep hoping!). if it is anxiety at least you can focus on getting yourself better and not worry about physical health conditions. let me know xx

Defonatly will if it is anxiety i will.not let this beat me i will not let my mind be channeld to other ilness etc i will hit this head on and be aware of the things but not scratch or give it attention

Did you get your results hindsight? my appointment is later and I'm so nervous about it. I feel so awful at the moment. as well as the cold pinpricks I feel dizzy and woozy and getting vertigo on head movement. I feel light headed when I stand up and so exhausted. I'm just so terrified it's something serious. I'm getting stacks of anxiety and panic and just feel miserable that i feel so rubbish all the time. I keep crying and have no motivation to do anything today.

I had the cold pin pricks - as you say, it's like water falling on you. Got it the same day as my bottom lip started twitching. Then the muscle twitches started.....All classic anxiety I went on to discover.

Hi Nicole
    Yes that is exactly it. did you get it even when you weren't anxious tho? I've been getting it every day for nearly 6 weeks now, its comes and goes and does seem to be worse when I'm at work. did you ever see a doctor about it?

Got my resaults today all clear so i really give up im covered in red dots i crawl and itch i have white head type of spots on my hands and its all being put down to anxiety so i have tried to get help and now i will give in and see how i am in 6 months if no change go back to the gp but to be honest i dont see the point as i am now marked as a friut loop lol

Hi SueMarieee - yes I did/do get it when the "issue" causing the anxiety has passed. And yes I did see the doctor - I'd done the usual googling, come up with all the worst possible scenarios so went to see my GP. That was about 6 months ago...She wasn't hugely interested tbh!! But I'm still here.....nothing has progressed and I still get the twitching, tho not so much the water drops feeling. I do think it's worse at times of stress - I was at the breast clinic this week waiting for my mammogram and the bottom lip started going. It's more annoying than worrying now.

Hi Nicole. Thanks for your answer. I'm still getting it, been about 6-7 weeks now. some days I dont get it as much as others but I still get it every day, worse when walking and standing. it's like cold water drops being flicked on me. I'm not convinced its anxiety as get it at all times, but I do worry a lot about it, maybe more than a non anxious person would. I get blood test results tomorrow. maybe it is just a new random anxiety symptom. i do wonder of it's some postnatal/ hormonal thing. Anyone else get it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information