Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sertraline up dose to 100mg 6 days ago

Sertraline up dose to 100mg 6 days ago

Hi, the doc upped my dose to 100mg 6 days ago, 50mg were not cutting it. Still not seeing an improvement in my physical symptons. Still getting tight chests, tight throat and something in throat sensation, my appetite is almost nil, lost a stone over last month. How long does it take for this medication to stop all the feelings? I'm climbing the walls with it all, on the verge of panic all the time.

Re: Sertraline up dose to 100mg 6 days ago

Hi I am not on sertraline but think most AD's take up to 8 weeks to start to work and for the benefits to kick in. I have just upped my does of clomipramine and I am feeling on edge especially if I try to go out and face people.It is hard to tell what is a side effect and what is a symptom.
    Did you have some anxiety before?

Hey, yep had it bad back in 2011. Went up to 150mg of sertraline then. Been on them ever since but felt well and came off completely last summer. Only for the panic etc to return in December. Started back on 50mg middle December and up to 100mg last week. I agree it is hard to tell what is a side effect and what's a sympton.

Yeah it is. I feel sickly today and I am really struggling with both anxiety and depression,when you just want to feel calm, the hours just drag and every day can bring a different symptom.

At least you know that setraline has worked for you before, so hopefully once it kicks in you will start to feel a little better.

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

I am hoping the same happens for me. Keep posting and hopefully we can help each other. Being on the verge of panic is an awful feeling and very tiring.

Hi, im on the same boat, I'm only on 50mg sertraline on week 4 and feel no different, in fact I feel worse. My appite has gone out the window I've lost about stone in weight, even cooking for the family make me feel Ill. Morning and 3-6pm I dip low. I still get my ass out bed do school run and go work but in that I am screaming inside and feel ill. I haven work make up in months and just bunged my hair up in a messy bun. In just want feel normal. Do you take meds bed time or morning, i take a bedtime which I think could be affecting my moods in day. Any advise too would be appreciated.
    Hope you recover quickly dazfoxy.

Hi Chrisig1986
    I am on week 3 of my upped dose (different meds) and I am signed off work as I couldn't get through the day. I have felt really crap this afternoon (dizzy,sickly) but normally mornings are worse and I get a couple of hours in the late evening where I feel ok.
    I take my meds at 8pm ish as they can cause drowsiness.They are an older type drug.
    Hugs to both of you

Horrid feeling isn't it. I'm just wondering if my meds are affecting me next day as I'm getting most of it while I sleep, and sleep isn't a problem for me, it takes me a hour or so but once I'm sleep I'm ok. But waking up I feel so dazed like my brain isn't there and so sick and I can't stomach eating breakfast but I do try even a little bowl or shreddies or some toast . I hope you feel better soon purplepie x

Hey, I take mine in the morning, don't seem to make me tired, unless I lay down just after taking them, then can feel eyes going. Day 8 on sertraline now, got up this morning, had breakfast went to get petrol and cleaned car, then came over all light headed so back to lie down. Was just reading through when I posted in 2011, last time I was bad, I'd suggest reading your old posts too, as all the same symptons were coming up, sorta comforting in an odd way. At least I know I got better then and have been really good for 7/8 years. I'm wondering if your on enough dose chrisig1986? Looks like in the past I was up to 150mg sertraline. Maybe ask the gp guess. How's everyone feeling today?

The doc has upped me to 75mg for a few weeks then 100mg so going see how that goes.

Think I may need more, bn on 100mg for 10 days but not sure if enough, was up to 150mg previously, I'll have to speak to gp

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information