Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sertraline up dose to 100mg 6 days ago

Re: Sertraline up dose to 100mg 6 days ago

Well, I am on 3rd week of my upped meds and still feel crap, so anxious and crying all the time. I am living off crumpets and toast as I cannot face food. I try to eat a little bit more in the evening when I calm down by a notch or two but it so difficult. I just want to start to feel a bit calmer, it's all I ask. So fed up with anxiety and depression :(

Hey, know how you feel, it's really getting me down too. Getting bad insomnia now, side effect, doc percribed me low dose of amitriptyline to help, will give that a whirl tonight. My appetite is gone aswell, just having to force it down. I'm just starting week 3 upped dose too purple pie so let's hope things improve this week!

Hi, I've been feeling better but I don't want to jinx very early days. I still get that dread and nausea but my mood had lifted. Really sorry to here you both not doing well, I really hope if passes quickly for you both. Keep updating in your progress. X

Hi
    Can I jump on this thread. Sounds like a similar story to mine. On sertraline for 5 years after pnd. Was down to 50mg last year but had a relapse and upped my dose to 100mg 3 weeks ago. Last week I was great, had energy, sleeping all night. But since the weekend I’ve felt awful again. Lots of anxiety, can’t sleep. Doc gave me propranolol on Monday. Taken a few but noticed one of the side effects is insomnia. I just can’t deal with no sleep, it makes everything so hard. I didn’t think the increase would have this much effect since I’ve been on it for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Claireg, all welcome to join in �� sorry to hear your not well too though. I've had another few not so good days. Insomnia is terrible, the sertraline seems to cause it, I got prescribed amitriptyline yesterday to help sleep but all it did was give me a massive thick headache and I was awake most the nite. Spoke to doc today, they said to go up to 150mg sert a day and gave me some zoplicone sleeping pills. Not sure if I'll take them or not tbh. Still really nervous, chest pain seems to of gone today thankfully. Mood is still v low. Hows everyone today?

Hi All
    Welcome ClareG. I am still not feeling great although I have felt a little calmer in the evenings. Last month I was ok going out but this week, I don't want to face people and when I do I feel a bit spaced/surreal/on edge. I am still on 50mg of my meds but not doing any upping until I see my GP on 12th Feb. I think my trigger on how I feel is from delayed grief for my Sister, so I don't want up my meds so I can't feel/cry. Little confused really because I want to feel better but want to go through the grief emotions so as not to repress them to raise their ugly head in the future.

Dazzy - I take clomipramine which is same family as amytriptaline and they can make you drowsy but I have never taken mine in addition to another med.

Clare - I have also got propranolol and only take one if my heart is really racing but they can't help your thoughts or feelings. I hate having to take any medications for bodily feelings but sometimes it all gets too much.

Love to all x

Hi all, I took a 10mg amitriptyline on Thurs nite bout 8pm, doc percribed for sleep. Taking 100mg sertraline aswell. About 10.30pm had a nasty heavy headache, pressing sort of all over then it went by 11.10pm. I didn't sleep well, so thought didn't work. Fast forward to 6pm next day, it was like a light was switched, all my anxiety panic shaking gone. Felt great could watch TV relax, which I haven't done in weeks. And I continued to feel good all nite. Didn't take another amitriptyline cos of the headache. Woke up this morning shaky and bn bad again all day. Any ideas people?

Hi dazfoxy

It could be that your meds are just starting to kick in, I know for me that the evenings can be ok, watch tv, read a paper etc but come the morning it is as if I have gone back to square one. It is very common to feel worse in a morning and better towards the evening (take a look at DR Claire Weekes book Self help for your nerves , there is a chapter on that dreaded morning feeling).
    I am not sure if it has anything to do with the amitriptyline, but it seems unlikely after just one tablet? Have you tried to take another? I take a med close to that called clomipramine and it seems to be ok for me although I am not sure how much of it is time as well.

It is all so confusing and everyone is different in their illness and recovery. I get up still feeling sick with a very racing heart and scared to face the world, but I am going to go for a little walk and see how I get on. Panic/anxiety and nervous disorders are horrible aren't they!!

Hi, how's everyone doing? I've been trying to get out more every day, walking a friends dog etc. So at least that's been a distraction.
    However still very anxious, chest tightness, vague spaced out feelings etc. On 150mg sertraline now have been for 6 days. Also. Got zopiclone for sleep and I've noticed they stop all my anxiety for the few hours b4 I sleep.

Hi everyone, I'm off to drs this morning as my toilet habbits is still bad and it's really affecting my anxiety. I just want feel normal again. I'm on 75mg currently to scared to up as the meds might make my toilet habbits worse. Not sure what is happening IBS, intolerance to something or just the meds. How everyone else doing. Daz sounds like your doing better, well done.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information