Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Seriously what is happening with my bladder??

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Seriously what is happening with my bladder??

Worrying about it won't change anything, but of course it's not that simple. You know there are certain procedures and 'protocols' they adhere to so I really can't see any reason to be concerned about this. It's all standard stuff.

There must come a point when you let go, or this HA fear will continue.

Never Surrender, Comrade

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

So, no update here - straight on to another HA fear.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Sorry KK I hadn't posted an update because there is no update yet - I haven't heard anything about the ultrasound and my urologist appointment is two months away unfortunately! My symptoms are here and my body is apparently making more lumps for me to worry about in the meanwhile (very considerate of it, I know).

Hi GlazedOwl, don't mean to drag this up so late, but did you ever get answers for your symptoms? I'm guessing you're still waiting for the urologist appointment. I'm currently undergoing urology treatment and so forth for the same kind of symptoms (though mine have been around quite some time longer) so I totally understand your anxieties/frustrations.

Obviously I'm a guy but 3 years ago I had a situation where I felt like I constantly needed a pee, I'd go to the loo and sit down and not actually be able to do anything yet I'd have the feeling at end of urethra that I needed to go. I got myself in a really state about it, convinced myself I must have prostate cancer or bladder cancer, went and got myself tested for all kinds of things and nothing... I had been overly stressed at the time and I think that was the root cause (anxiety) the worry then and focus on it being something horrid increased my anxiety even more and perpetuated the issue. I eventually managed to calm myself down and the issue went overnight... That was a real eye opener as to what anxiety can do. I'm not saying that's what is going on with you but just thought I'd share my experience. Hope you start to feel a bit better.

Oh my goodness sorry guys I didn't notice your replies earlier :( i didn't post an update because I had received a letter for a new urology appointment next month, so I had assumed my old one which was supposed to be this month was cancelled so I just ignored the first date. But I had a letter come through the post today, which I think was messaged to my gp but I got a copy, stating I failed to attend my appointment and that I have a new one scheduled, but it also said that my renal ultrasound showed something - it doesn't state a mass or something just that something's expanded I think?? I am not going to Google it because as much as I am scared after reading that I think I'll make it far worse if I start researching :( I think my symptoms have somewhat improved but I will have the ocassional random day where it is back in full swing again. So after this letter I don't know what to think. Then again this reschedule wasn't the 2 week fast track so I hope it's something manageable? Problem now is that I KNEW they saw something when they rescanned my left side I just wish they had told me :( now I don't know what to think...

Re: Is suddenly peeing a lot a bad sign or just pms?

Perhaps you could speak to your go about it?

I suppose I could, but I do want to save my gp appointment to a more pressing matter esp considering my urologist appointment isn't that far away, given it doesn't get moved again. I did go to the hospital and it was a mistake on their part, it was a rescheduled appointment but because their urology department was moved to a different hospital I received that letter of no attendance. They removed it from their system but I suppose my gp will still see it so not too glad about that!

UPDATE: So I finally saw the urologist today. And I've spent the last two hours crying my eyes out. So basically what my last ultrasound showed was that the exit of my left kidney was dilated. Since then I've had a relapse of symptoms for a few weeks I believe but they have generally resolved by now (apart from now, obviously my anxiety attack and constant crying is driving my peeing). I've told this to the doctor and she said she would like to order a CT scan of my kidney to see it in detail. I've pointed out to her that I have close family history of kidney cancer and she said to not worry about that, and I asked whether my anxiety could've caused this and guess what, NO so that's for the people who are so adamant that everything is caused by anxiety. She asked whether I had uti symptoms and I said that I got mixed answers from my doctors but completely forgot to mention that the one doctor potentially saw micro blood in my urine, mind you that was a couple days before my period anyway so mightve just been that. Anyway we decided to first have a detail ultrasound again because she said there was a high chance that the radiologist simply overcompensated so to say? Because she said they didn't even use the proper word for kidney enlargement in their report, implying that it's so mild but still worth mentioning? So yeah I did decide on the US first on the sliver of hope there's nothing wrong and I don't get unwarranted radiation, then we agreed on a phone call and see where we go from there. I asked her what the treatment options are if this is still a thing and she said it depends on the cause. She was insistant that I don't worry about this but just how how can I not worry about this? I went through most of the articles about hydronephrosis and I'm sorry it doesn't look good, especially when two of the causes are kidney cancer (of which I have family history of) and lymphomas, which still fuels my anxiety multiple years on. Basically I think I need to enjoy my last christmas and that's the end of it :(

Another quick update: had my ultrasound today and it was the same as last time. Sonographer tried her best to calm me down by saying no change is a good sign, but obviously that did nothing for my anxiety. The burning on the right side has come back and is long lingering and as successful I am most days to believe that it is just ibs playing tricks, I'm now starting to think that it may be connected and may be sinister :( I'll be waiting for the urologist to call up now and I assume she'll want me to go have the ct scan. The more I think about this the more terrified I get that there is a tumour somewhere causing all of this, as any benign reasons seem to not make sense :(

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information