Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Seriously what is happening with my bladder??

Re: Seriously what is happening with my bladder??

Re: The elephant in the room. I get you, I really do. It's not about learning to pretend the elephant isn't there, though, it's about ceasing to see it as a threat.

Sure, the elephant's there, no big deal, you just have to find a way of acknowledging it and then getting to the point where you realise it isn't anything to be afraid of.

I think I just don't know how to accept that, the whole thought of at anytime anywhere for no reason your life can be flipped over with no chance of turning back. Yes I understand that applies to every human being but that doesn't make the thought any less scary. I'll just be completely honest and say I have no idea how to deal with this, and I have no idea how everyone else manages!

Anyway I'm supposed to be leaving for the ultrasound in around an hour and I've barely eaten all day, those stupid pains are still there and my anxiety well its not the worst it's ever been, but not the greatest either!

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

So I'm sitting in the waiting room and I had to drink half a litre of water an hour before and tell you what I don't know how I'm going go through this but my bladder already feels like it's about to burst

You will get through it because you have no choice

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Update on my uncooperative body So surprise surprise the ultrasound was absolutely clear. No cysts, no masses, no fibroids or any of the like, the only thing my sonographer pointed out to me was that my bladder was already filling up after having just emptied it. Of course the bladder is meant to fill up constantly, but the way it was said I assumed she meant it's filling up faster than normal? Who knows. Anyway, the lady plumbing so to say seems fine so that is very nice to know.

Yesterday I went to see my gp and was seen by the same dismissive one that said I had a uti because the only doctor that seemed to actually listen to my concerns all of a sudden quit. Fantastic! anyway I barely spoke to this doctor I saw because I just felt like I was wasting both of our time there, and he referred me to a urologist. Now, I'm a hypochondriac but I didn't ask for this! I cannot believe that he felt this was a uti and yet didn't even redo the dip test (esp. now that I think about it, when the dip test was done I started spotting like two days later, so it could've potentially even been period blood...). Anyway, so if I didn't even think about bladder cancer earlier, now I do and it is SO.ANNOYING !! I feel like it would be a waste for me to go to the urologist, but then that tiny demon in my head is saying oh no what if it is something growing on your bladder lining that the ultrasound can't detect? This cycle is just unbelievable at times.

But yeah the day after the ultrasound my bladder was sort of alright. Don't recall no pain no nothing so I thought phew maybe it IS all in my head? All day today my bladder was ok-ish, I only had a half full cup of lemsip, relieved myself maybe 2 hours later and then again in 5 minutes time because it felt like I needed to get rid of those few drops, was ok while walking about town (my bladder seems to be better, not completely ok but better, when walking about), come back home, skip to a few hours ago I had a cup of hot chocolate an hour later bam - front of bladder feels prickly and I need to go. And it's an hour later after the fact now and I need to go again. Not as prickly though. Am getting the low pelvic pain again which is now scaring me because the bladder cancer pages say one sided lower back pain. Great!

So I really don't understand what's going on if it's caffeine sensitivity why the heck do I only get it now? I used to be able to have a glass of whatever and not go for hours usually, like a normal bladder should be able to. Then it's that potential blood in urine, but god knows whether it was there in the first place! I'm seriously so exhausted from this it's ridiculous.

our bodies change every five years wait until you start going through menopause, that can mess with your bladder more. So what you could do when you were younger may not be case now.

Ha that's if i actually reach that age well as of now my symptoms seem better one and way worse the next. Was okay ish yesterday but today I'm on my feet all day and even though that actually helps with not going as often, I'm getting that prickling pain in my bladder (and yes I suppose the coffee that I desperately need on Sundays doesn't help, I know) and pelvic and lower back pain which is one sided, and sitting down is seemingly making this worse? As much as Im trying not to think about bladder cancer, but can a uti do this?? I would really love to break out of this cycle but how does one do that when the symptoms are constantly with you

Re: Is suddenly peeing a lot a bad sign or just pms?

Do you get up to wee a lot at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I usually sleep through the night nowadays especially now that I'm on mirtazapine and can fall asleep like a normal human being, I will have the occasional morning where I'll wake up way earlier than usual, use the loo and go back to bed. I now really hope that's not a symptom I'm going to develop though lol

So you know how I said I hope I dont develop a symptom lol I woke up twice last night but think it's just because anti depressants keep giving me vivid/unpleasant dreams and i snapped out of two different ones, one was around 2 hours after going to sleep and then 4 hours after that one. Bladder's still acting up with no exact pattern and it's very difficult to attribute it solely to anxiety :(

Re: Is suddenly peeing a lot a bad sign or just pms?

But surely if there was a problem it would wake you in the night too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information