Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradycardia- health anxiety or genuine problem?

Bradycardia- health anxiety or genuine problem?

For the last few weeks, I have obsessed over my heart rate. My Fitbit and app always showed a steady heart rate in 60’s to 70’s but lately it is dropping regularly into the 50’s and I can usually tell when it does by a decrease in energy. Deep down I know I should go to the doctors but I have developed a fear of visiting doctors too. In fact despite my constant health anxiety, I haven’t visited a doctor’s surgery in over 2 years apart from routine thyroid tests when I was told my meds (thyroxine) would stop if I didn’t get them checked!

As I sit here tonight, I have slight chest pain although it was quite bad earlier but passed quickly. With a bmi of 32, I am obese so I am fully aware my low heart rate is not because I am an athlete!! I am fairly active and recently stopped smoking and although I used to be a heavy drinker, I have reduced my intake significantly to within recommended limits.

I guess what I’m asking is, is a resting heart rate in the 50’s really bad for a 45 year old obese woman? I’ve read lots of threads but it seems those with low resting heart rates are much younger and fitter than I am!!

Re: Bradycardia- health anxiety or genuine problem?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Did you ever find an answer? Im having the same issue!

Go and see your GP.
    Might be related to thyroid. But honestly go and get it checked.

Hi, no I returned to my post tonight as my heart rate has dipped to the 40’s. I’m terrified but still too frightened to see dr. Was looking to see if anyone had similar problems.

Yes I know I should and trying to build up the courage to do so! I’ve developed a fear of what I could be told so in a bit of a mess unfortunately x

I have seen a few atricles and studies saying that they are trying to push for the resting heart rate to be 50-90 now, and you cannot rely on Fitbit app to tell you what is true or not about your heart done a lot of research on this as well, in most cases the fitbit heart rate monitor can go as high as 30 over the bpm, or even 15-20 points lower in some cases it's five to ten, doctors hate those things as they aren't accurate as a heart monitor worn around the chest is. I had a scare yesterday I was so relaxed mine dipped to 55 then 59, and mine has never been that low, right now since I have been lowering sodium and drinking more water and working out every day such as doing DDP yoga and using my hand weights and moving more, mine resting when I am sitting still goes from 60-65 sometimes 66-70. Are you having dizziness and chest pains and shortness of breath, if so then that is something that needs to be checked out, if not then it could be a faulty fitbit, always best to go to doctor, I too am scared to go but I am tired of the health anxiety and worrying, I'll be making an appointment soon to go, even though I am scared to death they may find something.

Is your fitbit working correctly? Have you taken your pulse with your finger and counted for 60 seconds? I've never owned one. I had a nike watch years ago with a chest strap when I did cross country running and even that was incorrect at times! I haven't used them since and just use my finger on my pulse if required.

Check with your finger and count. If you feel it's abnormal you know what you need to do Getting the required tests, and some medications if needed, is far less worrying then having a problem that is causing you problems with your life. I'm absolutely not saying you have something wrong with you, but your mindset should be "if there is something wrong I can get it sorted and go about my life".

Your body is very good at telling you what you need to do. Every time I've had a real problem my body and my brain knew and I sought help. Listen to what your body is telling you

There is nothing to fear. If there is something that needs addressing at worst you get the treatment you require to make you well again - which is hardly a bad thing right?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Also forgot to add I have had bradycardia from anxiety. Pretty sure I've got posts on here that ask how it's possible to have a panic attack with a significantly slower than normal heart rate! But seriously, go see your doctor and go put your mind at rest otherwise this worry will consume your life.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Hi! Did you ever get an answer to this? I’ve just posted cos mine gives me readings in the 50’s all the time (not an athlete either &#128514 and sometimes I get a reading in the 40’s...... never feel off until I know I’ve had the low readings then I feel wobbly and tired!
    Pretty sure my brain is messing with me but is good to see other people having the same issues!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information