Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IÂ’m worried now

Smile Planter facitus

Not sure I've write that right. But I've been suffering from this for maybe 2 years. Just wondering if anyone else has it. And what they do to help. I do walk alot work and taking kids to school and back. So yes I would be very grateful.

Re: Planter facitus

I have it. When it first appeared, I didn't know what it was and the pain was so severe I went to hospital thinking I'd ruptured a ligament or something.

In my case, I don't do much in terms of helping it. I still go for runs and things like that. There are things you can do, but I mostly find it tolerable as it is.

My mom had it for a few years and it was very painful. There are shoe inserts she used that helped some.
    Last edited by Chris 614; 07-01-18 at 16:03.

I get it too...mostly in the summer if I wear flat sandals or flip-flops too much. I was told to try and wear shoes or sandals with even just a slight heel or wedge as raising the heel helps alot. It's really painful though so I do sympathise.

Cath S ☺

I've had it twice, the second time lasted over a year.

There are exercises you can do that did help with the pain. You can google them. Think it's spelled fascitis.

I developed it after wearing Uggs. Inserts and sketchers were the only thing that helped. Was also told to wear a slight heel now and again.

Have you asked for a referral? There are various treatments that can help if it is long term including a boot for sleeping in.

My mum had it for some months last year. We got her a support for it that she wore and within weeks it was gone. She hasn't needed to wear it since.

It started due to her shoes that having enough support in and being a bit hard. I've had similar problems years ago as my arches aren't great so have to pad them if they are a bit flat.

It is called plantar fasciitis

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Exclamation very frightend

hi everyone I haven't posted on here in a while. I'm not sure were to start. but recently ive been realy stressed over one of my jobs plus ive had a virus and a bad cough for about 2 weeks maybe a little over. as for my job I dread it everytime I see it. I get depressed and sometimes emotional. I feel my body needs a rest ive been very exhausted. Friday night as I was walking to work [I walk to work and back on both jobs plus the school run I don't have a car] I felt realy emotional and out of breath and started to feel I couldn't breath the emotional started the same time I couldn't breath. it realy frightend me but I was ok the rest of the nght. but been dreading this morning over the weekend. so again walked to work this morning and same happened but not as bad as Friday. I forgot to say.i walk up an hill with my jobs and just over a week my legs have been realy bad when ive walked like achy like ive done squats [exercise]. I feel so down and depressed and scared. I realy am dreading tonight.

Re: very frightend

fruity

It sounds like you're in quite a bad place at the moment. I know it's easier said than done, but really if one of your jobs is the cause of all this anxiety, you should consider looking for a new job? I know it's not great out there at the moment, job wise, but it could help.

Maybe as well you should consider seeing your GP... He/she can talk you through these problems, and maybe they might even suggest some time off work?

There's nothing you've described, symptom wise, that sounds worrying and to be honest, it's probably just your anxiety playing up and wreaking havoc on your body.

I'm sure other members will chime in with some advice, but please keep us posted

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information