My dear friend’s father in law is 77 years old. For a couple months. He’s been complaining of abdominal and back pain. The doctor thought it might be a gallbladder issue, so they did an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a walnut sized mass on his pancreas. Scary! He’s in the right age bracket for pancreatic cancer, everyone was so worried. Except him, he was kind of “what will be, will be”. So, last week, they did the biopsy, my friend had him over afterwards and took care of him, but she said he seemed ok, not that concerned. The biopsy came back fine. Not cancerous. Likely just a cyst or benign fatty thing or something. He is going to have it removed. But no cancer. It’s a good lesson to me, as someone who has HA, on how to live. He had something that probably would have killed me with the sheer anxiety of it. Turns out it was nothing sinister. Even if it were, I’m confident he would have handled it with grace and strength. I admire that so much, and have been working so hard conquering my own HA.