Thread: positive post! Please read, as I don’t think these posts get enough attention!

positive post! Please read, as I don’t think these posts get enough attention!

My dear friend’s father in law is 77 years old. For a couple months. He’s been complaining of abdominal and back pain. The doctor thought it might be a gallbladder issue, so they did an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a walnut sized mass on his pancreas. Scary! He’s in the right age bracket for pancreatic cancer, everyone was so worried. Except him, he was kind of “what will be, will be”. So, last week, they did the biopsy, my friend had him over afterwards and took care of him, but she said he seemed ok, not that concerned. The biopsy came back fine. Not cancerous. Likely just a cyst or benign fatty thing or something. He is going to have it removed. But no cancer. It’s a good lesson to me, as someone who has HA, on how to live. He had something that probably would have killed me with the sheer anxiety of it. Turns out it was nothing sinister. Even if it were, I’m confident he would have handled it with grace and strength. I admire that so much, and have been working so hard conquering my own HA.

Re: positive post! Please read, as I don’t think these posts get enough attention!

That's so brilliant! It just goes to show that there's no logic in catastrophising.

Re: positive post! Please read, as I don’t think these posts get enough attention!

Absolutely.

I hope people at least read this very positive post.

I'm glad that you have drawn inspiration from this gentleman's experience, Amy and that it helps you manage your own HA successfully.

Thank you for posting this, I may need to read it every day.

It is so incredibly hard to turn the anxiety off though, I'm going through a bad time right now and my entire body is sizzling and trembling.

So good to hear. Just make sure the father in law takes good care of himself - there's a few things we can control and hopefully the good man can live to a ripe old age.

That’s lovely

Thank you for sharing this!
    And actually stories like this are not unusual it’s just they don’t get so much attention. And they should!

thanks for sharing!.

hugs to you

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Thank you for sharing this!
    And actually stories like this are not unusual it’s just they don’t get so much attention. And they should!
    That's definitely true. Instead of "man diagnosed with terminal cancer but is relieved when the doctors were wrong" ... you only see headlines like "man feels fantastic, then is given 2 hours to live after incidental discovery of terminal illness."

I have an uncle who's in his 70s, and he was diagnosed with bladder cancer last year. He told me he was not going to pursue chemo or radiation because it would only make him feel much sicker. He just shrugged it off, not a worry in the world.

As it turns out, he never had cancer. LoL. He had all the symptoms, though, including a mass on/near his bladder. Docs were certain it was malignant. The biopsy and minor surgery proved otherwise. It does happen!

Thread Information