Thread: bed bug phobia....went to a movie theater and now freaking out.

bed bug phobia....went to a movie theater and now freaking out.

i have a big fear of bed bugs, i generally avoid movie theaters/any other type of theater because i'm scared of them. however the other day a friend convinced me to see a movie at the most FILTY theater i've ever seen. the seats were cloth so prime bedbug breeding grounds. i am freaking out, and found a little bug in my bedroom today. i showed my exterminator and he said it's nothing but i'm convinced that i'm cursed to have bed bugs.

Re: bed bug phobia....went to a movie theater and now freaking out.

I’m so sorry you have this phobia
    I have it too. But you have to trust the expert. It’s all you can do

Bed bugs don't tend to stay on people, they feed at night then scamper back into a secluded place, so it's unlikely you'd catch one in a theatre.

More likely to get them from a hotel/motel, where people have been sleeping then the bugs sneak into your suitcase!

Library books can be a source of bed bugs as the eggs can be laid in the spine. It pays to put your library books in the freezer for 2 weeks before reading them. This may sound weird, but it works.

Why is this so bad and do you get itchy with any rash from this stress

An exterminator can spot a bed bug from a mile away! And, if he thought you had bed bugs there's no way he's not say so because it's a big pay day coming in to get rid of them! I found a confirmed bed bug in my house once and freaked out. I spent $500 on a bed bug sniffing dog (yes, this is a thing) to be sure there were no more. We were in the clear. But, the extermination would have been $$$.

Bought lots of books from garage sales, used book stores, checked out from library never had a bed bug, btw bed bugs thrive on cold it's heat they hate my husband and I had some once when a friend from Canada came to stay they came in her suitcase battled those suckers for a year getting bitten nothing happened to us, we got some bed bugspray called eco raider worked like a charm every night for a week we would spray mattress bed frame and mattress and wipe away the dead ones with a hot soapy rag the spray kills them instantly and is all natural then washed out blankets sheets pillows in hot water and dried them haven't had an issue of seen one since, if you do get them they are a pain to get rid of but don't cause any issues other than bites that itch like crazy

Thread Information