Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: List of all ilnesses you were certain you had.

Re: List of all ilnesses you were certain you had.

1. Skin cancer - had mole checked by doctor 2 years ago. He said it was a bit irregular but wasn't concerned. Was meant to get it cut out but I moved away from the area and never received my dermatologist letter. It don't think it's changed in the past 2 years but it still gives me anxiety.
    2. Leukaemia - CBC came back fine
    3. Diabetes - CBC came back fine
    4. Brain tumour
    5. Meningitis
    6. Lymphoma
    7. Sarcoma
    8. Sepsis
    9. Blood clot in brain due to hitting my head
    10. Throat/tonsil/lung cancer - my current fear. Got a sore throat that won't go away and a cough. Seeing doctor on Wednesday. Hoping this will give me some peace of mind but looking at this list I doubt it will!

Thank you for starting this thread! <3 It's mind-easing.

My HA mainly revolves around brain tumours, so I can list some of the symptoms I've "attributed" to it over the years

1. Hairdryer gave off burning smell; I genuinely worried it was phantom in origin
    2. Saw a weird light on the window of my house one night (to this day, there's never been an explanation for it...drum roll...ghosts?) but I worried it was occipital lobe seizure causing visual hallucination
    3. Headaches of any variety
    4. Forgetting colleagues name
    5. Forgetting the brand name of certain drugs
    6. Thinking I heard someone say my name
    7. Brain zaps
    8. The receptionist brought cream round to the dispensary, which had been sent up from the dispensary downstairs. He called my name but I either didn't respond or wasn't there. Worried this was an absence seizure
    9. Many things similar to point 8, which I worried were absence seizures
    10. Smelling things in dreams (e.g. worried it was a seizure)
    11. There honestly are so many, but I can't really remember them all now

I have sometimes worried about other illnesses, but these are short-lived and infrequent.

1. Melanoma
    2. Bowel cancer
    3. Stomach cancer

This is a weird one. Legs are always cold, never worried because of family history of Raynaud's. Took blood pressure at ankle and my index was a bit low. BP at arm was ~135, at leg it was ~140. (Still within normal limits, but on the low-end, especialyl for a 25 year old non-smoking, non-diabetic male). But this wasn't "medically accurate" in that it needs to be taken simultaneously. Went to GP after I noticed dorsalis pedis pulse was absent. This is almost always a sign of PAD, although this pulse can be congenitally absent. Seeing as I'd never looked for it before, there was no way of verifying for certain that I had it before and it disappeared. GP confirmed the pulse was absent, but told me not to worry (!). I've mainly put this one out of my mind unless/until other pulses disappear...or a limb drops off.

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Brain tumor (after months of chronic tension headaches caused by anxiety)
    Fluoroquinolone toxicity (plus assuming I will have the worst possible side effects from every medication I am ever prescribed)
    Ear cancer
    Lyme disease
    E Coli infection

Current obsession is that I will have a stroke or maybe brain tumor again, haven't quite come around to realizing it's nothing!

Lymphoma...

I’ve been obsessed about it for the last year. Currently I am trying to put myself together after a breakdown. Found a small rash on the foot and now on hand and I’m thinking the worst.

Lymphoma - had all the “ symptoms “ and no one could have told me otherwise. Wasted 2 years of my life obsessing - that was 8 years ago and I’m still here .

Currently ALS/MS - same routine just hoping it’s not as drawn out as the last fear

Right now diabetes trying not to Google symptoms

- Currently it's breast cancer - have been here before but what if this time it's real. Am waiting on a breast clinic appointment and so so scared of this new lump
    - Brain tumor
    - Bowel cancer
    - MS
    - Cervical/uterine/ovarian cancer. Am also currently in the middle of this one, they found a polyp in uterus and waiting on test results
    - Blood clot

I know there's been a few more over the years. It sounds so crazy when you say it all out loud but when you're in the middle of it you just can't see any other explanation for your "symptoms"

I had a long stretch from 2017 to this year where I wasn't worried but unfortunately hypochondria is back in full force.

Bladder cancer (turned out to be a UTI, no idea how I got it as it's rarer in males and I wasn't sexually active at the time so I was certain it wasn't an STI. It cleared up in about a week)
    Pneumonia (it was bronchitis, which once again cleared up in about a week)
    Bowel cancer (turned out to be nothing)
    Heart attacks (panic attacks)
    Testicular cancer (nothing)
    Esophageal cancer (anxiety, went away on its own eventually)
    ALS (nothing)
    Esophageal cancer again (anxiety caused by being in a place with mostly strangers, I think I've gotten better with that now)
    Multiple cancers at once, my body felt like it was shutting down. (stress from the exam season, the pain went away once exams ended)
    Brain cancer/tumours (not sure what it was but it's mostly cleared up by now)
    We can now add leukemia to the list because of 3 nosebleeds in the last 2-3 weeks lasting under a minute but still there nonetheless.
    Bladder cancer (it was a red string that was stuck on the tip of my private area)
    Lung cancer (nothing)
    Esophageal cancer...again (current worry but hoping it's nothing)
    Last edited by AlolanExeggutor; 11-08-19 at 15:03.

Oh lord where to begin:

Cervical cancer - side effects from birth control

Breast cancer- benign growth, common in women during hormonal changes like pregnancy

Lymphoma- regular old reactive nodes

Pancreatic cancer

Brain tumor- tension headaches

Lyme disease- symptoms stemmed from severe anxiety/depression

Lupus- don’t have it, not sure what caused symptoms

Leukemia- benign petechia

Diabetes

Interstitial cystitis- anxiety

HIV

MS- I swore I had this for about 3 years...nope

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information