Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Lose Job as Result of Anxiety

Re: Going to Lose Job as Result of Anxiety

Update!!!

I resigned today.

It turns out, behind my back, in my referral to occupational health my manager had lied on paper saying I was late for work, took short notice annual leave which inconvenienced the department, left work early, was antagonising coworkers, and a bunch of other factually incorrect statements.

I found this out this morning at my OH appointment when the poor adviser was reading them out.

Asked for a copy, sent a very angry email off with my resignation letter. It's basically constructive dismissal. They wanted me gone so they can re-recruit into the post.

I'm so sorry things ended like this for you. Your manager sounds like a complete jerk.

She is, I can't believe she would do something like that. I've notified her boss, who's coming to meet me tomorrow to talk things over

So my managers boss came to see me and agreed it was very wrong of my manager to put what she did in the report and agrees it was all untrue (she knows me better than my own manager does probably) and is going to have words with her.

They refused my resignation, and are helping me by letting me use my annual leave I've accrued instead of sick leave so I get paid, and by the time this has run out the referral they kindly offered to see an in house therapist should be available to me. If then I'm able to work I should be able to get myself into another position at the hospital fingers crossed.

I did tell her though I can't go back into that position with that lady as my manager after those comments that have been made, and the potential that colleagues have been talking rubbish about me (unless my manager made this up too not sure!)

Oh, that's wonderful! Sounds as though everything might turn out okay after all.

I'm really pleased that your resignation was refused-what an awful experience. I do hope that another position is made available for you with much better working conditions and colleagues. You are best out of this toxic environment and who knows, your next position could be so much better all round.

I hope they put you in a better position than you was in, you deserve to have coworkers and a manager you can trust
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information