Thread: Help. So anxious it’s ridiculous....

Unhappy Help. So anxious it’s ridiculous....

Hi. I’m Dylan! A little background I’m from the US and a college student pursuing the nursing field. Lately I’ve been struggling with severe anxiety/Pure O ocd that cycled into depression. Recently, I’ve come out of the depression and have felt seemingly okay. On a side note, today I visited a psychiatric hospital for a clinical orientation. Psych nursing is what I’ve always wanted to do. It put me in a great mood to tour the hospital. I was elated because I thought that it was something I wanted to do. And of course my anxiety and ocd took that good mood as oh my god you’re hypomanic. Because of this I’ve been having crazy anxiety ever since then because I convinced myself I’m bipolar. I have been previously diagnosed as bipolar but my new therapist believes that my behavior is not due to bipolar but moreso to do with the ocd and anxiety on top of having a troubled childhood that has caused me to have bad emotional dysregulation. I don’t know what to do. I’m going to therapy today and I’m gonna talk to my therapist about it. But I’ve literally convinced myself that I’m hypomanic. Ugh so annoying. It’s like I’m afraid of being in a good mood or something. Please respond soon!

Dylan C

Re: Help. So anxious it’s ridiculous....

Well, see what the therapist says. Until then, try not to dwell on the idea of hypnomania.

Thread Information