Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Daughter

Re: Daughter

Thanks guys you're all stars, God I love this website. My son mentioned though that he heard her being sick in the bathroom, more than once. So of course anxiety has jumped on this and I have her diagnosed with anorexia. Add to this my Dad saw his GP on Thursday over a persistent sore throat. The GP has recommended an X-ray for Feb 12th. I've got him diagnosed with throat cancer. And no I wish I was making this up, well not intentionally but my anxiety is if you follow.

Thanks for the Nottingham tips Buster, I forgot that it's your stamping ground. The city reminds me of that Tunes advert where the bloke with a bad cold wants a first class ticket to 'Dottidhab' please. Anyone as old as me that remembers it?

Yes! I remember the tunes advert, so yes I equally as old as you, if not more

I don't suffer with HA but I can get twitchy when my family are ill. It's all catastrophic thinking, always worse case scenario. It's how we roll
    Have you heard her being sick? Does she eat with you? Keep a (calm) eye on her, don't let her know you're doing it. She may have a stomach bug, there's plenty about.

There are also some vile viruses about. My son has had a cough since before Christmas, he just cant shake it and he's always cold. They will take extra precautions with your dad because of his age. I'm not going to say, try not to worry, because that's just a joke with us lot isn't it?

Haven't heard anything myself Darksky but daughter had her GP appt today and she wouldn't prescribe her any ADs. I'm sure it's due to the initial prescription and a cautious approach this time round. But she's disappointed and today accused myself and her mother of making a fuss, also that she wished she'd never told us.

It's a teenage thing fishman, I was completely out of control as a teenager.

So was I
    I announced I was leaving home and my mother locked the doors. So I smashed a window to get out. I could cringe now just thinking about it. Funny thing was I pinched tinned food from our pantry, soup, beans etc. But once out I realised I had no tin opener. I had to go crawling back. God it was embarrassing. I think teenage years are best forgotten.

Yeah, but most of the 'Wild Childs', grow in to loving souls. mainly because we are far too emotional to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    So was I
    I announced I was leaving home and my mother locked the doors. So I smashed a window to get out. I could cringe now just thinking about it. Funny thing was I pinched tinned food from our pantry, soup, beans etc. But once out I realised I had no tin opener. I had to go crawling back. God it was embarrassing. I think teenage years are best forgotten.
    I thought that kind of thing only happened with Rodney in Only Fool and Horses Darksky

Thanks Carnation, hugs

No, it actually happened to me about 20 years before OFAH was even thought of
    Maybe Rodney Trotter was based on me

If she had only been on Sert for a week Fishman, the effects of that could have been what led her to such a dark place. Starting a new medication can be hard for anyone and the side effects list depression and suicidal thoughts.

I worry too that my children will inherit my mental health problems, but it sounds like you're doing a great job with your daughter and I'm trying my best with these kiddos. That's a strong protective factor for them. That we are there and supporting them. Try to take some comfort in that. I'm glad she seems to be doing better. xxx

Thank you EmmerLooeez, you're very kind. You may very well be right, it's difficult to know I think whether it's the chicken before the egg as it were. Is the depression already established prior to AD administration or occurring because of it?

The fear that we may pass on our 'faulty gene' is a strong one isn't it. I'm hoping though (touch wood) that her recent troubles are down to a reaction to a relationship failure rather than anything long term. She had her first day of training today at a co-op about 4 miles away and she's very pleased she got the job. It sounds like you are doing a good job yourself may I say, it's clear how much you care for your kids

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information