Thread: Worried about doxycycline antibiotics for minor infection

Worried about doxycycline antibiotics for minor infection

Dont know if this is right place for this post.

I had a swab done of elbow last week at the local district nurse clinic as have ulcer on it. It not painful was just leaking a bit of fluid but since started to dry up. Had call from reception at docs surgery this Tuesday just to say they "found something" in swab and prescribed antibiotics. The doc hasnt seen the elbow and wasnt asked to make an appointment.

The antibiotic they prescribed is Doxycycline. Never had this one before. The side affects of them are really really worrying me as can get ulcerated gullet and can induce vomiting. I been through a lot the last couple of months with eye infections and flu and problems with my feet and and still suffering from constant high anxiety and depersonalisation and dont know if I can cope with any more additional worrying or illness caused by this med as well.

Has anybody else had experience of taking this antibiotic? I havent started taking them yet. Wonder if i call docs they can offer alternative? I have always had fluxocillin for when i had a similar ulcers and had no problems.

Re: Worried about doxycycline antibiotics for minor infection

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Worried about doxycycline antibiotics for minor infection

UPDATE: Spoke to GP. Had the antibiotic changed to another one.

Thread Information