Hi, everybody!

I know I worry myself sick looking online, as I'm a librarian and I look only for scholarly articles (which at time contradict themselves) but I tend to stick to this type of info vs forums, opinions, news articles, etc.

That being said, I've always had health anxiety. No matter what, I think I have the very worst thing. Fullness in pelvis? Ovarian cancer (turned out to be a side effect of my birth control). Back pain? Tumor (turned out to be sciatica). Numbness in leg? MS (turned out to be vitamin B12 deficiency). Dizziness? Brain cancer (turned out to be migraine syndrome).

This is my life.

About 3 weeks ago now, I found a small lump behind my right knee. I spent a week leaving it alone and not googling (luckily I was on vacation and was preoccupied!) but when I got back and it was still there, I called the doctor. Knowing my health anxiety (she is very understanding) she said I should come in for an exam.

She felt the lump (thinking it was a cyst or a lipoma) and ordered an ultrasound. The ultrasound came back with "likely lipoma" at 14mm x 13mm x 9mm (very small). The radiologist said if it grows or if any clinical signs change, an MRI can be done. The ultrasound tech also said it looked just like a regular lipoma, and that she seems them every single day. The nurse who touched it also said it felt like a lipoma (it is squishy and very movable).

This was a week and a half ago, and this hasn't settled my mind.

Looking online, I see a lot of sarcomas (especially synovial sarcoma) go misdiagnosed, but are especially found behind the knee (mine is a bit up from the joint, about an inch). I feel like it's growing but I logically know it did not grow in the past 10 days. My husband says it is not growing and it remains soft and movable (good signs of lipoma).

I called my doctor again, and she is seeing me tomorrow for my health anxiety (and clearly I will make her feel my lump again lol).

Would you guys seek a second opinion from another doctor? I can't imagine I'll be told anything other than "it's a lipoma from the ultrasound" but I see so many articles about ultrasounds missing sarcomas and sarcomas being found behind the knee.... though of course, more commonly, lipomas are found rather than sarcomas (synovial sarcomas are diagnosed in 800 US patients a year, so.. I know the odds).

Just looking for advice on second opinions, if necessary, or even any advice on how to deal with this anxiety (aside from "stop googling, gurl!" which is what my nurse told me when I called her for a 3rd time lol).