Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My palpitations are not anxiety

Racing heart

Hi i have ectopic beats and take beta blockers. Every month or so i have an episode of my heart racing. It starts out of no where and gets to about 200 for id say just a few minutes and slows down again suddenly. Its definatley not a panic attack but is causing me anxiety, and thoughts would be much appreciated thanks x

Re: Racing heart

Hi hun! Sorry can't give much advice I've been there with the racing heart and I'm currently going through the fear of a slow one! Hope you're doing okay x

My palpitations are not anxiety

I am having constant heart palpitations, they started In November and are still happening, they go on for a few weeks and then stop for a few days but always restart.
    I've had 3 ecgs done. 2 at the docs who then sent me to a cardiologist, the ecg at the hospital showed sinus rhythm and left axis. Which is a measurement in which my heart beats or something. The cardiologist discharged me as my palps had stopped. Well they have since restarted and they are worse than ever. All I have to do is turn over in bed and I get palps, I'm getting them a few times a min at the moment and now I can't sleep, my heart rate spikes very quickly also I only have to turn over in bed and it's racing, I only have to stand up from sitting and it's racing, I am getting really worried now that this is the start of heart failure. Constant heart palpitations cannot be normal!

Re: My palpitations are not anxiety

I'm currently awaiting a 24 hour monitor but that's not until meddle of Feb, just so stressed and worried! How can palpitations be normal? It's soo stressful

Just because they feel weird, it doesn't mean there's anything worrying wrong.

I know I just find it a horrible worrying symptom, it's not something I can just ignore as it's very uncomfortable. It's all day it happens sometimes an hour cab pass without any and then I will get loads in a minute.

I know it sucks, and I'm sorry - I get them from time to time and they freak me out a bit, too. That said, I'm still here so I figure everything's probably okay.

They do suck, and I've always had them from time to time but I've never had them this often before, I recently found out I have an enlarged thyroid and a symptom of that is heart palps but my doctor reckons my thyroid levels are ok so I'm just so frustrated at the moment, I try to ignore them but sometimes it's impossible, I suppose the 24 hour ecg might give some answers.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

They are ruining my life now😭 I went to a friend's to try and keep busy and my mind occupied, my heart was missing beats every other beat 😭 it didn't stop. What is happening to me seriously?

I had periods on the forum where I was just as scared and worried as you. But honestly you'll see they're fine and once you stop worrying about them they stop completely. Took me a long time to learn that and many people on this forum told me the same thing over and over again.

I get them daily. But I can honestly tell you I don't notice them. I remember the hard thuds I used to get that felt like a punch from inside. I don't get them anymore. Since I stopped worrying they stopped. I may get the odd one few times a month but that's it. There were times when they were constant.

Here's the bit that's going to take some getting used to ...

You feel them because its your perception of them. That's the bit that took me so long to understand. You feel them as hard thuds, or a run of skips, and you know when they happen because you can feel them.

But, you only feel them because you're focused on them. Does that make sense?

What I mean is if your focus isn't on them they are probably still happening but because there is no focus on them you will not feel them for the most part. And if your focus does wander, you know they're harmless and you can quickly shift your focus away from them.

The human body is gravely misunderstood and our perception of how we think, and feel, is screwed up.

Ever had a cut and not notice it but you only feel the pain when you notice it? I have. I had a cut for 20 minutes that I didn't notice and it only hurt when I noticed it. That's the same with the ectopics.

I hope that made some sort of sense he he.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Oh darn it! I thought you were talking about ectopics. Palpitations are a different thing. Ignore me.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I don't know that the difference is between palps and ectopic, but it's like a skipped beat that I get i can feel it when I touch my pulse too, very stressful! It was happening so badly yesterday that I went to the hospital to get it checked they done an ecg and would you beileve it it didn't happen during the ecg! Only before and after! Just so frustrated with it now, so now I have to wait until the 13th deb to get the 24 hour monitor. I suppose if something was badly wrong they would pick it up on an ecg!

And you are right the body and mind are very clever and the more I think about them and stress over them the more they seem to happen! But when my health anxiety is soo bad it's hard to think rationally and I always end up back thinking nope this is the start of something serious,

They haven't been too bad since last night I've only had the odd few so I'm trying to stay relaxed now and not think about it.

Thank you for your replies I appreciate it alot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information