Hi there,

So after almost 20 years of bladder issues, I'm finally trying to be brave and go for the cystoscopy i probably should have had done years ago. I don't know if I have IC or OAB or even both, but I get recurring uti infections now, of which I'm not sure of why. At the same time I've also had times where I've tested thinking it's a UTI and its just been white blood cells or a small amount of red blood cells but no infection.

I guess the reason to get it done is because I know once and for all whether it's IC or not, or what's going on. Im just worried about the pain and problems that it may cause after.

I'm obviously also really susceptible to uti so I'm worried I'll get another infection from all this. I've been worried about the rate I've had to take antibiotics as I've had three utis in four months and have had to take them every time for fear of it developing into a kidney infection. Then there's the fears of blood clots and all sorts or what if something happens haha. I know I'm being irrational, I have health anxiety so i do get paranoid

Either way, does anyone have positive experiences from the flex cystoscopy? Is it going to cause me to have worse problems for weeks after?

I hope someone can calm my fears haha and reassure me that it'll probably be fine as everytime i've been scheduled for one I've ended up backing out.

Thanks!