Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cystoscopy - terrified!

Re: Cystoscopy - terrified!

I’m male and just had one. I wasn’t sedated but had a numbing gel put down my penis which was excruciating whilst the camera went in - I’m not going to lie and do not mean to be negative. The procedure itself was quick and uncomfortable and I felt like I was going to urinate everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyPC View Post
    I’m male and just had one. I wasn’t sedated but had a numbing gel put down my penis which was excruciating whilst the camera went in - I’m not going to lie and do not mean to be negative. The procedure itself was quick and uncomfortable and I felt like I was going to urinate everywhere.
    Gosh, it would be bad enough for a woman having this without sedation, but a man!! If there's a next time please have sedation

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    As I said above it is fine without sedation
    I had sedation also because I had a bladder stretch (hydrodistension). This not only allows the bladder walls to be well viewed but also breaks up the surface of the lining so that a new one can grow back. This means that IC can improve. There's also a new treatment for IC called iAluril, which uses 2 of the bodies own naturally occuring chemicals as an infusion. I've had 6 of these and they're great,. They cost a bit but well worth it.

http://www.ialuril.com.au/downloads/...ct-10-2015.pdf

Hi Wise, I wasn’t given an option for sedation. She just said it will be quick and i would only feel a slight bit of irritation at the beginning. When she’s not working as a Dr I think she must be a dominatrix! The gel - which doesn’t work, was more painful then the camera. She’s then trying to get me to watch it. I said no thanks, just do what you got to do and get it out. All was clear thankfully but I’m still passing blood and protein. My GP has to now refer me to a kidney Dr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information