Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I’m having a panic attack

I think I’m having a panic attack

I’ve got a pain at the back of my shoulder blades which is going down my arm I think it’s a trapped nerve

Started to feel panicky about it and now have facial numbness all of a sudden ?

Please help is this normal do I need to go to the hospital ?

Re: I think I’m having a panic attack

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I don't think you need to go to the hospital but try and calm down and do some slow breathing. You are just getting panicky and nothing more.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

how are you doing now?

Facial numbness can be caused by hyperventilating...

Hi all still trying to get my breathing going the numbness is horrible it’s not easing up

OK, is someone with you?

Have you tried lying down and putting your hand on your stomach and concentrating on a steady rising and falling of your abdomen? Really concentrate on the in and out and rising and falling, make it slow and steady. If this (facial tingling) is from hyperventilation it will be the blood gases being out of kilter and you need to bring them back to normal.

Only you can make the call on this one, if the pain is the same and not easing in your shoulder blade area and arm, and if you genuinely feel breathless.....then you should ring out of hours/111 for advice. I'm not trying to frighten you, but only you know how you are really feeling and if it is a panic attack type of thing or something actually physical going on.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Remember also, that you DO have a fear of MS.......so you will be attributing what you are feeling to that fear.

Try having a shower, the colder the better. If you can stand freezing so much the better. I've heard this stops panic but I've never had the courage to try it.

Hi everyone thank you so much for taking time to help me

I’ve seemed to cam down slightly - I live alone so I have taken a massive step tonight and went over to my mum and dads and told them everything

I completely broke down but I feel like a weight has been lifted.

They are going to help me get some support and counselling and funnily enough both suffered from this when they were younger !

I'm glad you shared your feelings with your parents - that will feel like quite a weight lifted I'm sure. Also, glad you have got through the major panic episode

Glad it's going....when you are having them,it feels like they are never going to end...but they always do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information