Thread: Head, eyes and toes!

Head, eyes and toes!

I'm currently experiencing another bout of what I hope is HA and not the real thing this time. About 5mths ago I was referred to an ophthalmologist as my optician found a mark on the very peripheral of my eye. I've had the appt and a photo and now have to see a consultant. None of the eye people i saw were concerned about it so why the consultant appt?? I'm thinking the absolute worst (tumour, eye cancer, blindness) but on top if all this I have overwhelming panic about MS ( tingly feet sometimes, sometimes my hands too) my teeth falling out (brushing them all the time, flossing etc) My body checking is at an all time high and this almost 2 years of feeling this way. The CBT isn't working as well as I had hoped. I seem.to just have an incredible amount of symptoms that don't make sense to be anxiety
    Dizzy
    Pins and needles
    Blurry vision (I think, although apart from mentioned above my eyes were ok)
    Nausea
    Tiredness
    And just tired of feeling this way

Re: Head, eyes and toes!

You would be amazed at the range of symptoms anxiety can be responsible for. Most of the problems stem from hypervigilance. We are constantly trying to analyse every symptom and effect. And then we see other symptoms. It's a pattern we all recognise, but how to we control it. I wish I knew.
    However, remember this, sometimes simply taljing it through with friends, family or fellow sufferers helps. Sometimes we can summon up our own intellect to work through the logic of our own beliefs and that can control this hypervigilance.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Anaximenes; 29-01-19 at 21:28. Reason: Spelling

I have experienced every one of those symptoms with anxiety. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time! I'm sure the doctors are just being thorough.

Thank you for your replies. I am so exhausted feeling this way. It has consumed my life for nearly 2 years now. I don't know how it feels to not worry or check myself. I am living in constant fear that this time I'm right..

Thread Information