Thread: breast fear; completely irrational, but spiraling nonetheless

breast fear; completely irrational, but spiraling nonetheless

My mind is a crazy place to be. I have not had breast worries in a long while, but now that I have to go back to the gyne for an ovarian cyst, I just realized that my breasts have not been checked for years. I avoided doing the self-exam because I know how obsessive I could be, and thought that it would be best in my case (anxiety is not managed) to have a doctor do it. I am 28, which I suppose is young, and I did check for physical changes without palpating - that's as far as I could go. And yet, without checking for lumps, I now feel myself spiraling.

I'm not sure what I want to achieve with posting this... maybe just let it out? Have someone tell me how they went through this and came out better? A virtual hug? I don't generally consider myself to be superstitious but when it comes to HA I could be. I'm fearful that when I go to the doctor, she'll find something if I don't worry (and I am aware that it is stupid). I also remember that my puppy accidentally punctured my nipple some months ago and wonder if it could lead to something worse. Honestly, I don't know how it is to be normal anymore, and me living alone right now is just making freaking out easier than before. My mind is hyperactive, I am tired, scared and lonely. I just don't want to be like this anymore.

Re: breast fear; completely irrational, but spiraling nonetheless

Virtual hug from me. I know having these thoughts is scary and they are hard to control. You are not alone though. There are millions of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugs from me too.....
    When do you get to see the doctor?

Thank you for the virtual hugs! I will go on Tuesday. I am so tired from worrying.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information