Thread: Pain in left eyeball

Pain in left eyeball

Hi all
    I only had an eye test 1 week ago and everything was fine.... but today I've woken up with a kind of ache in my left eyeball, that increases when I press my eyeball..

I'm worried it could be damage I've accidently caused my scratching my eye or something.....
    Can tension headaches cause pain in the eyes, specifically just one eye? My eyes have been a persistent source of anxiety for me the last 6 months, then after the eye test I felt reassured... Now this! :(

Any reassurance would be great. Thanks

Re: Pain in left eyeball

Hi there

Just recently I had a pain in my eye - it only came on at night and it hurt when I looked across and also when I pressed the eyeball when the lid was closed. It happened every night for about 4/5 nights then went off

I think it was because I was tired. As your eyes have just been checked I wouldn't personally worry!

Good luck thought my experience would help you

I have no idea whatsoever if there's a medical name for this, but I have had this. Also when I've had a cold/flu I've had eye pain when turning my eyes.

Don't let it worry you

good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

I get this every so often - I think of it as eye strain. Always one eye only. Usually after too much screen time, lack of sleep, etc...give it a couple days, you'll be ok!

I know it’s so long, but I’ve been having this same pain lately today. When I press down on my upper eyelid with my eyes closed and try to do eye movements it feels bruised/strained, I also did this on the other eye to see if it was the same and it was. Of course when I look online, pain with eye movement is linked to MS.

But my vision is perfect, I actually have 20/20 vision my whole life. I’m not having any vision problems like it’s mentioned with MS and optic neuritis.

I was just curious who has actually been seen for this and what it was called? I’ve spent hours trying to find stuff on google and it’s driving me crazy, LOL I want answers to it.

My yearly eye exam is in October so I will wait till then, unless it gets worse for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alcopop View Post
    today I've woken up with a kind of ache in my left eyeball, that increases when I press my eyeball..

I only had an eye test 1 week ago and everything was fine....
    Clear eye test = no serious problem.

Poking eyeball = sore eyeball

Tension, or you've slept funny - whatever. It's nothing serious because you literally just had your eyes tested.

Engage your brain. What do you think will happen when you poke at your eyeball? If a stray eyelash can feel like we've been blinded (slight exaggeration) how do you think a poke to the eye will feel?

Thread Information