Thread: feeing so low now .

feeing so low now .

After 3 yrs of suffering Anxiety / panic I am now feeling very low .
    I had my latest attack today driving home from work . I felt as though I was not going to make it home . When I did get home I was quiet in front of my wife as I don't want to worry her . But once I was alone I just cracked up sat on the bed . I am taking Diazepam 2mg , one per day . and am being reffered for a second lot of CBT . I can't get rid of "it" . I am not the man I was 3 yrs ago . I constantly feel weepy and cannot concentrate on anything. I usually can only give one word answers to questions , as my concentration and memory is hopeless . Should I go back to the docs .?
    I think they are sick of me by now .

Re: feeing so low now .

hi,

i'm sure that no one is sick of you. so many people feel a similar way - and for so many people it passes. i'm not sure what to say, except go back to your doctor if you need to, there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of ( i suffer from health anxiety so am in and out of my gp's alot! its better you feel better than let it brew up further). i really hope you feel better soon.

xxx

Hi Craig,

If it's panic attacks then there's not alot a doc can do but refer you to speak to someone who will be able to help you out.

I've done the CBT thing with a councillor from Rhymney but it was costly she also tried me with meditation. I've just not got the motivation when I'm feeling low. My Panic attacks are at night mainly, my wife tells me that I become quiet and just don't hear when she talks to me.

I've been going through this for some time and I fully understand when you say you don't feel the same bloke. It saps all your joy and energy.

Give us a nod if you want to chat..

Speak soon

Andrew

Thankyou for your replies Jessica and Andrew . Today I am feeling a bit better . (no tears) . I also go very quiet . I seem to be in my own world a lot of the time just thinking about my anxiety . My wife has been great over the last few years , but now I see that it is taking it's toll on her and I am reluctant to tell her when i am struggling , and that's probably the worse thing to do is to keep it bottled up inside . Have you tried to get CBT on the NHS Andrew ? And thx Jessica I will go to the docs if it keeps up .

Hi Craig.

Sorry you are having a hard time of it.

I think it would do you no harm to see the GP again. Panic aside, you sound to me like you are a little depressed.

GP's see this sort of thing all the time and are very used to dealing with it. If you want to take the medication route, I am sure that would be an option open to you. Alternatively they may be able to refer you to a therapist. Failing that, you might find it helpful just to talk to them.

Please try not to worry about your wife. I am sure she would want you to confide your feelings in her.

Best of luck xx

Thread Information