Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally convinced I have bowel cancer

Bowel issues after a long HA free spell!

A quick overview....

Started 20mg Fluoxetine on November 20th, so far so good with no real issues.

December 10th I had week long course of antibiotics for a horrible sinus infection. All good on that front to!

December 22nd. Had 4 beers in the afternoon (first drink in months) and had gotten a Dominos on the way home for dinner. Had 2 slices as just wasn’t that hungry, my 6 year old ate more than I did, and later that evening I had VERY loose dhiarreah and vomited. Felt better straight after so thought it was probably something I ate earlier.

December 25th (Christmas! ) I had another very loose BM - literally like running a tap! So I spent most of Xmas day in best feeling horrid. No vomitting but very loud stomach noises!

Started to feel normal again after that... normalish BM’s but not particularly hungry.

January 9th out the blue the very watery BM again followed a couple of hours later by a very normal one.

Since then I have had a constant feeling of unfinished business despite going... sometimes when I am going there is just wind and nothing else moving. My stomach is making the craziest of sounds and I just want to get back to normal toilet routine!

I’m so worried about going anywhere in case I have to rush to the toilet. I’ve even bought VIPoo for work haha seriously though. Should I be worried? I’ve had ‘episodes’ before but never need to see a doctor. I am not in any pain at all and no blood or weight loss.

Just suuuuuper annoying.

Thanks for listening to my rambling

Re: Bowel issues after a long HA free spell!

Aaaaand after two normal weeks I M back again and it’s kept me on and off the toilet for the last 4 hours.... does this sound like IBS?

It sounds a lot like my experience with it that’s for sure. Is there correlation to things you are eating each time? Even if you can eat them other times, for me it’s hit or miss what sets me off but I’m far more likely to have a bad times if I’m already stressed or if I’m tired. Or frankly the wind blows a particular direction! IBS can seem to have a mind all of its own.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi, I don't know how much this may help, but look into buying foods for gut health. Foods such as kimchi, sauerkraut, Greek yoghurt and Kombucha drink. I am not saying it's a guarantee to help, but worth a try. Improving my gut health is something I'm seriously looking into.

I have thought about buying some probiotics to see if it would help. Not do any harm would it?

Spoke to a doctor on babylon today who recommends seing my GP so I've to make an appointment tomorrow. Seriously so scared right now. Been doing so well HA wise and this passed 5 weeks have thrown it all in the air

Totally convinced I have bowel cancer

Can’t believe I’m back in such a dark place. I’ve definitely not missed it!

So yeah the BC thoughts are consuming me at the minute. Have a doctors appt at 3pm today so it’ll either be a fob off or they will want to send me for tests, genuinely can’t decide which is worse

Re: Totally convinced I have bowel cancer

Join the club! You're not alone, I've been obsessing with my bowels and BC for weeks now, along with other serious bowel diseases. I was sent for blood tests around a month ago (I sort of asked for it), but the reassurance was only short term. Been back and forth to see them and they say there's nothing bad going on, and it's my IBS flaring up because I'm contantly stressed and anxious. They've asked me to do more bloods and a stool sample this time to try and put my mind at ease once more. However I'm not sure even more ok results will put my mind at rest, and I'll end up wanting more and more tests. Hope you get some reassurance today.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Join the club! You're not alone, I've been obsessing with my bowels and BC for weeks now, along with other serious bowel diseases. I was sent for blood tests around a month ago (I sort of asked for it), but the reassurance was only short term. Been back and forth to see them and they say there's nothing bad going on, and it's my IBS flaring up because I'm contantly stressed and anxious. They've asked me to do more bloods and a stool sample this time to try and put my mind at ease once more. However I'm not sure even more ok results will put my mind at rest, and I'll end up wanting more and more tests. Hope you get some reassurance today.
    I had a BUPA health check done back in September and everything was normal. I had a sigmoidoscopy 4.5 years ago and that was clear also. Bowel habits changing is the huge concern for me. Thank you I will hopefully not be fobbed off today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information