Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Totally convinced I have bowel cancer

Re: Totally convinced I have bowel cancer

Hopefully someone who knows more about antibiotics and gut health will see this thread and advise - but from what I've read, it seems like antibiotics can destroy gut bacteria which could then cause those symptoms. I think it's do do with antibiotics killing all the bacteria, both good and bad.

You could definitely try probiotics and other things to help with gut health like Dynamito said, I don't think any harm would be done by trying that. When I've had dodgy bowels before I've used probiotics and it's taken about 7-10 days to notice a difference. It might not be hugely helpful depending on the issue, but it shouldn't really make it worse.

Good luck with the appt! Try and take what they say as either reassurance, or if they want to do tests, that they're just covering all possibilities no matter how unlikely they are. It doesn't mean they think you are seriously ill.

I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection the week before I first got the symptoms!

antibiotics give me really bad diarrhea every time I take them.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just to chuck this in as well, my mother in law was on antibiotics for something last year, and she suffered with bowel problems afterwards. Since then she's been taking goats milk kefir which helped a lot. Something I've started to take as well.

Doctor wasn’t too concerned. Said I was to go back in a couple of weeks to see if it’s still there and if it is they will check for coeliac etc. Be totally gutted if it was lol can’t stand gluten free pizza! Haha

How come whenever I have a case of D I resemble a melee child who is terrified of the world! nearly 5 months of nothing - last night BOOM it happened out the blue and I'm a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrschurchill View Post
    How come whenever I have a case of D I resemble a melee child who is terrified of the world! nearly 5 months of nothing - last night BOOM it happened out the blue and I'm a mess!
    IM WITH YOU. With the gluten free pizza fear, the interchangeable bms...eeeeverything!!!! I too suffered like straight after my antibiotics but only took three small doses of the liquidized Flucloaxillin - Im still paying for it...Ive gone from constipated to angry bms...just dont know whats gonna happen day by day. Only joy is sleeping at night ha but slowly and surely im accepting some foods are a real NO. I reckon they seriously mess us up those medications - i know i should feel blessed to have had free meds on the nhs but im angry at the doctor who didnt even ask if I had tummy issues, I KNEW that taking it would cause me issues. Ah well. Mine was for a fingernail infection caused by biring nails anxiety over feeling sick haha the irony..it seems my every being is consumed by my digestive system. did you get any answers?

I didn't ever go back to the doctor as from February to June 9th I was back to normal!!

I am so sick of getting horrible D - totally normal for 7 weeks and then it happens again.

I also keep getting heartburn and indigestion and completely convinced it's BC - I remember watching something on TV and indigestion was a big red flag for BC.

I've had no weight loss or blood etc. I don't really have pain either, just horrendous gurgling but only at the top of my stomach which is weird. No cramps or anything either.

I'm too scared to see the doctor. This has been playing on my mind since December! Why does it have to always come back :(

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information